What's your favorite DO school and why?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

weasel

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems as though many people here are struggling with the tough decision of which med school to attend (boy, do I wish I that was my biggest worry
smile.gif
). Tell me what osteopathic school is your favorite and why.

Members don't see this ad.

I have two favorites right now. CCOM has a great rep and is affiliated with two osteopathic hospitals.They have on-campus housing, a huge faculty, a great gym, nice locale and many opportunities. It was a nice campus too.
I also like UHS-COM. Probably the newest and best facilities on campus. They redid a whole lot of their school. The anatomy lab, OMT room were unbelievable. Their campus contains only an osteopathic medical school (as opposed to CCOM w/c has a few allied health school as well). The school was extremely friendly and professionally run.

Danny, your information is incorrect. University of North Texas Health Science Center is an osteopathic campus which houses Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine and other allied health schools such as the Graduate School of Biomedical Science offering PhDs and Masters as well as Masters of Public Health, and finally the Physician Assistant Program offering BS in PA studies.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oppps, I apologize Danny after re-reading your post. Please disregard my correction and take it only as "interesting" facts.

Are the Texas schools as hard to make for a non-resident as NYCOM is for a non New-Yorker? Just curious. Thanks

Are the Texas schools as hard to make for a non-resident as NYCOM is for a non New-Yorker? Just curious. Thanks

I would say yes, probably just as hard for Texas.

Edit: Just saw this thread was 12 years old. Sorry... move along...

i thought TCOM was solely on the texas app and not the aacomas. if that's the case, can non-texans even apply?

Yes, out-of-state applicants can apply to TX schools if they apply through TMDSAS.

1998 -> 2010 ... officially the biggest bump I've ever seen.

I would say yes, probably just as hard for Texas.

Edit: Just saw this thread was 12 years old. Sorry... move along...

Good job ******...

I was... 8 years old when this thread was threaded originally...

:rolleyes:

Well, if you want people to use the search function, they're gonna bump old ass threads. Just sayin'

Well, if you want people to use the search function, they're gonna bump old ass threads. Just sayin'

Exactly. This is why people who constantly hound others about using the search function then wonder why really old threads get bumped confuse me.

And my favorite medical school is the one that lets me in. :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
WVSOM- Location, Location, Location

Lewisburg is beautiful, it isn't huge by any means but the small town vibe is so cool.

WVSOM- Location, Location, Location

Lewisburg is beautiful, it isn't huge by any means but the small town vibe is so cool.

You might be a redneck if....WVSOM is your favorite Osteopathic Medical School, especially if reasons cited is location!!!

To me LECOM-B is the trifecta; PBL, Price, and Location!

You might be a redneck if....WVSOM is your favorite Osteopathic Medical School, especially if reasons cited is location!!!

To me LECOM-B is the trifecta; PBL, Price, and Location!

hahahaah I would consider wvsom if you didn't have to live in wv

+1.

Plus the uber sweet lecture hall.

Yea I thought the lecture hall was cool, but when I went for the open house I was lost like hell because everybody has there seat with **** everywhere. I thought it was wierd as hell to see pictures, trashcans, filling cabinets, and 492030201 pens... I mean damn