What's your GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Where does your GPA fall?

• 4.0+

Votes: 18 6.0%
  • 3.8 - 3.99

Votes: 108 36.0%
  • 3.6 - 3.79

Votes: 77 25.7%
  • 3.4 - 3.59

Votes: 48 16.0%
  • 3.0 - 3.39

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • < 3.0

Votes: 15 5.0%

• Total voters

roseglass6370

Are we there yet?
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know SDN might not be the most randomized pool to poll from, but just out of curiosity...where does your GPA fall?

Members don't see this ad.

~2.9

[Edit: BCPM ~2.6]

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Bell curve? with only 6 people that have voted so far... wasnt expecting that.

3.55 and 3.5, but that's just the first year. I'll actually be up to 3.63 and 3.57 after this summer though =).

You should fragment this poll though. Make one for freshman, one for sophomores and then one for everyone else ( this might be a bad collapse, but since junior + is the application stage it's collapsible per say.)

yea, the fragmenting by year is definitely a good idea....also by cgpa and sgpa would be a good idea. Too much trouble though, best best to go on mdapps and see whats up there.

yea, the fragmenting by year is definitely a good idea....also by cgpa and sgpa would be a good idea. Too much trouble though, best best to go on mdapps and see whats up there.

Alas, we are all not productive members of society. As such we have tons of false profiles which screw around with the stats. The again by the same logic we could have some major liar's here who even with anonymity feel like screwing with poll results.

Up until last quarter I had a 3.79, but then I got a C+ in calc, so now it's 3.69.

Alas, we are all not productive members of society. As such we have tons of false profiles which screw around with the stats. The again by the same logic we could have some major liar's here who even with anonymity feel like screwing with poll results.
Why the lack in trust? :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Until tonight, my GPA was <3.8 (grades are slowly coming out), but as of right now I have >3.8! :D

sGPA = 3.9 (Biochemistry major)
cGPA = 3.91

4.0+ ? What school gives out a bump for A+'s, and can I transfer there? :laugh:

if you're going to fragment the poll by grade you might as well fragment it by school too lol.

4.0, but only finished my first year -- will begin to steadily plummet as time goes on...

Fragmenting it by year would be more telling, as stated.

Yes but I really only think it should be separated into Freshmen/Sophomores in one bloc and Juniors+ in another block. Too much fragmentation makes it harder to see reliable trends. Also, Junior+ is when you can feasibly apply so that lumps all the "application-potential" candidates into one group.

probably just one A-... that's what happened to me. graduated with a 3.992. so close!

That's exactly what happened. My English professor said at the beginning of the semester that no one would get an A in the class. I was glad I made it out with an A- considering the grades that other students ended up with. He was an "interesting" professor.

2 separate degrees (from different schools 4 years apart).

cGPA: 3.94
sGPA: 3.85

4.0 cGPA/sGPA- just finished my junior year. My college doesn't use +/-'s- makes it a hell of a ton easier to reach/maintain.

3.62. I'd be interested to see a GPA MCAT deal so we could check a correlation.

3.89 and praying that it only goes up and not down

Only 2 people with 4.0s? I just graduated today with a 4.0.
Very impressive!
That's exactly what happened. My English professor said at the beginning of the semester that no one would get an A in the class. I was glad I made it out with an A- considering the grades that other students ended up with. He was an "interesting" professor.
Don't you love those professors? One of my handfull of A-'s comes from one of them.
4.0 cGPA/sGPA- just finished my junior year. My college doesn't use +/-'s- makes it a hell of a ton easier to reach/maintain.
Nice!

I am applying with a 4.0 and just finished junior year.

Personally, I think that there is probably no difference (for med school consideration) between anything above a 3.8 and a 4.0

I am applying with a 4.0 and just finished junior year.

Personally, I think that there is probably no difference (for med school consideration) between anything above a 3.8 and a 4.0

daym...congrats

3.8 here

Wow, I feel like a complete failure by comparison.

Cumulative GPA: 3.56
Science GPA: 3.39

After freshman year :p

It's only your freshman year, don't sweat it. Just work towards a strong upward trend from here on out!

Also, congrats to the people who got 4.0s!!

I'd fragment the poll out, but frankly I'm too lazy. :p Interesting results though, anyway!

Nah don't feel bad. The number of high achievers is scary on this forum...just think about it. Over 40% of the forum has above a 3.8!! (at least of those that responded). That's way over representation.

SDN statistics all have significant selection bias, yes.

Yep. Over 66% of the forum has a 3.6 GPA or higher as well. It's comforting though because at least when people here are giving advice, you can reasonably expect a good portion of them to know what they're talking about. That's what makes this forum great: most of us are walking examples of what to strive for.

cGPA: 3.77
sGPA: 4.0

I hate subjective grading in English classes. ;)