What's your Guilty Pleasure when you aren't studying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EpiPEN

Aegis of Immortality
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The question is pretty self-explainatory. What do you guys do to unwind that you don't tell everyone you meet about?

I don't mean the general stuff like I play video games or I watch TV, but more like if your favorite show is Montel or you meet up w/ your D&D buddies every friday or if you love trashy romance novels or something. You get the idea. (keep this PG-13 maybe? there are minors in this forum... I think)

I'll start

I collect/play Magic the Gathering cards.... yes still. It'll make a comeback one day, I know it!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I play competitive volleyball

And if I am not studying (not the case since MCAT is in just under 4 weeks) I watch House DVD's like crazy

playing poker, watching poker, reading poker.

also watching debates between some of my favorite authors (richard dawkins, christopher hitchens etc...) and the enemies of reason.

NCAA football on PS2.

I won 19 consecutive national championships in 20 years. 16 of these were for Notre Dame. After a 7 year contract at ND, the I had won 6 national championships in a row and didn't make the title game in the 7th year. They then proceded to offer me only a 3 year contract extension (after winning 6 national championships in 7 years!). I was so insulted I left and coached at Cal for 3 years. I scheduled ND first each year and thereby destroyed national championship hopes of the juggernaut I had assembled. After handing 3 national titles to Cal, ND came crawling back and offered me a position. I graciously accepted and have been winning them national titles and Heismans since. Scary, I know.

Members don't see this ad :)
watching bravo reality series a la "the real housewives of orange county/new york city", "top chef", "the millionaire matchmaker," and "project runway."

:D

I also watch beauty and the geek. That show cracks me up to see how many stereotypes they can try to fill.

piano, tennis, SDN, working on the ambulance, and...more studying.

I apologize to any potential patients I may have in the very near future. I typically study while driving priority one. Let me know if this isn't ok.

I'm with Joile on the bravo reality tv.... I'm a junkie.

I also enjoy soapmaking...lol

I download entire seasons of network shows like CSI, House, Dexter, Scrubs, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and watch them back to back for like 10 episodes at a time.

I do a few thing:

1. Go over to my high school buddy's house and bring my desktop with me so that we can LAN party and play EverQuest 2 or Planetside

2. I like watching the Science channel, Scrubs, and i'm starting to watch House (not a bad show I suppose).

Lately I bought a chevy 350 small block for my little S10 that I bought, and I have been taking about an hour out of my time a day to clean it up. I'm going to paint it orange and put two T-25 turbochargers on it. How is it all going to fit in the S10? Who knows....

NCAA football on PS2.

I won 19 consecutive national championships in 20 years. 16 of these were for Notre Dame. After a 7 year contract at ND, the I had won 6 national championships in a row and didn't make the title game in the 7th year. They then proceded to offer me only a 3 year contract extension (after winning 6 national championships in 7 years!). I was so insulted I left and coached at Cal for 3 years. I scheduled ND first each year and thereby destroyed national championship hopes of the juggernaut I had assembled. After handing 3 national titles to Cal, ND came crawling back and offered me a position. I graciously accepted and have been winning them national titles and Heismans since. Scary, I know.

I love me some NCAA '08. I like taking the relative cellar dwellers (i.e. Army) and leading them to the promise land. Currently I'm playing on All-American mode and trying to get enough talent to move up to Heisman mode. The difficulty between All-American and Heisman is pretty crazy. Bond8204, are you winning those championships on Heisman?

random prescription pills.

Fine, since no one else is willing to go there:

sex.

I love me some NCAA '08. I like taking the relative cellar dwellers (i.e. Army) and leading them to the promise land. Currently I'm playing on All-American mode and trying to get enough talent to move up to Heisman mode. The difficulty between All-American and Heisman is pretty crazy. Bond8204, are you winning those championships on Heisman?

I just started a dynasty w/ Rice on Heisman. I still scheduled a somewhat tough non-conference schedule and have only 1 loss and I'm halfway through the season. I can hold my own on offense, but my defense is horrible.

Fine, since no one else is willing to go there:

sex.

you feel guilty afterwards? I recommend seeking some professional help :D

j/k, nah, actually I think everyone stayed out of that topic becasue of the PG-13 disclaimer

shopstyle.com, Bazaar magazine, and Sex and the City. They satisfy my alter ego of a posh NYC fashion designer :D

The Internets and lolcats oh and

Last.FM look me up if you have one at http://www.last.fm/user/phillykid162

:)

funny-pictures-angry-cat-questions-lolspeak.jpg

When I'm not at work or with friends I:

1) I read/write online fanfiction

2) I try to make my nationstates nation less of a capitalist dictatorship...

Thank god I don't have that much free time or my life would be really really lame.

The question is pretty self-explainatory. What do you guys do to unwind that you don't tell everyone you meet about?

I don't mean the general stuff like I play video games or I watch TV, but more like if your favorite show is Montel or you meet up w/ your D&D buddies every friday or if you love trashy romance novels or something. You get the idea. (keep this PG-13 maybe? there are minors in this forum... I think)

I'll start

I collect/play Magic the Gathering cards.... yes still. It'll make a comeback one day, I know it!

I like to collect Magic cards also, but they get pretty expensive,...

I enjoy staring at myself in mirrors while listening to whitney houston.

lolcats, sdn, madden, tae kwon doe, hapkido, pencak silat, football, chilling, movies, madden, more madden, and even more madden

battlestar galactica. "guilty" because it makes me feel like a sci-fi geek; "pleasure" because it's probably the best show on TV.

Bond8204, are you winning those championships on Heisman?

Yeah...I play '07. With a team like ND it becomes ridiculously easy to recruit once you start winning...and all I really need is a 4/5 star scrambling QB, a hotshot HB, and a 4.16 speed WR to get my offense going. From there you recruit a ridiculous OL, and stalwart defense over the years and the ball never really stops rolling.

I'll admit that I've turned games off over the years because they've made me so angry/frustrated with the CPU cheating by making me fumble over and over etc. I will let the CPU win if I think it played fair (i.e. I just can't stop their running game etc). I just can't play the game on all-american mode anymore though--I almost always win by 40 points no matter what teams I'm playing.

I also liked taking ridiculously small teams and building them up over time--I played about 3-4 seasons with Army...A few seasons with Rice as well.

What became a hobby for a few months for me in that vein was creating a school that started out academic and building it up into a powerhouse program. My created schools were "University of Los Santos" (a nod to Grand Theft Auto haha), which played in the Big10 and "Old Main" which played in the SEC. That kind of gets boring too though.

I hear that they revamped recruiting to make it a lot more interesting in '08...Part of me just wants to get a PS3 if I'm gonna get an updated version of the game though. And I don't want to get PS3 if I don't have an HDTV...and then I think "how much time will I really have for this in med school anyway?" so I don't end up doing anything.

I'm a cellist and a soprano, so occasionally I actually do make it over the music building to practice (but since I already spend about 6 hours a week in reherasals and lessons, that doesn't happen very much).

Other than that, sailing when I'm at school and hanging out at the firehouse when I'm home. And of course, what is sailing without a few drinks...or maybe more? We just have to remember to choose a designated docker ahead of time :p

• Scrubs (at least 3 episodes per day!) lol
  • RockBand
  • "Trashy TV" including Desperate Housewives, Medium, South Park, Greek, Lost, Grey's Anatomy, The Office, Family Guy and 2.5 Men
  • Poetry---I write a lot...but not like a weird emo kid. just to relieve stress
  • I also blog a bit
  • attend microbio extra credit lectures (i would go to these even if they weren't extra credit!)
More COWBELL!

Options trading, financial research, golf, fishing...fishing...and fishing.

Mmmm reality TV :rolleyes: Big Brother is my obsession.

i like to watch America's Next Top Model :D

watching bravo reality series a la "the real housewives of orange county/new york city", "top chef", "the millionaire matchmaker," and "project runway."

:D
Gah! We are so much alike. Add to that stupid Vh1 celeb-reality shows like Rock of Love, Flavor of Love, and Celebrity Fit Club.

Gah! We are so much alike. Add to that stupid Vh1 celeb-reality shows like Rock of Love, Flavor of Love, and Celebrity Fit Club.

Flavor of love... isn't that one with the guy who wears a viking helpet, a clock amulet, has amazingly bad teeth, and looks like a homeless person they picked up from the streets of Oakland?

Although I figured you would watch celeberty apprentice too if you are into the reality TV celeberty thing XD

I download entire seasons of network shows like CSI, House, Dexter, Scrubs, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and watch them back to back for like 10 episodes at a time.

OOOOOH, I'm completely in love with Dexter.