What's your MCAT "secret weapon"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeachBlondie

Put some tussin on it!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
(I came across a similar post from 2006, but there were few replies. Thought it was an awesome idea.)

Pick one thing that you feel gives you an advantage:

For me? Anki flashcard system

https://ankiweb.net/

Members don't see this ad.

Creating a sleep wake work cycle that cause my body to instantly adjust to proper environment when I need it.
Gym 6:10- 7:10
Shower, review 7:40-8:30
Class 9-2
etc.
Really has done wonders.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have like 800+ Anki cards and they take me like 6-7 hours to get through them since I input the Audio Osmosis, along with various pictures from the net, TBR, EK etc into the cards. I'd say they were good, but it was such a pain getting through them that I eventually slowed down and stopped lol

I used Kaplan online, but didn't do any sort of group class. It was way too long for me to actually finish but it was useful in its own way. I supplemented with the more straightforward and fun to read Examkrackers and used Kaplan's online practice tests (take them all!!) and flashcards from both Kaplan & Examkrackers.

If you learn by writing or drawing, I highly recommend making your own notecards!! Color code by which exam section it covers. I also did them all out loud, which helped me remember them later. Persistence is key.

Reactions: 1 user
Lol mine is so unhealthy but it works so well for me. I would wake up, then eat a large breakfast, then get my MCAT materials ready, i.e. take out paper/pencil. Then go to sleep for 1.5 hours, then wake up again. Sit and do nothing for ~40 minutes (to simulate getting to the test center), and start my MCAT.

Lol mine is so unhealthy but it works so well for me. I would wake up, then eat a large breakfast, then get my MCAT materials ready, i.e. take out paper/pencil. Then go to sleep for 1.5 hours, then wake up again. Sit and do nothing for ~40 minutes (to simulate getting to the test center), and start my MCAT.

40 minutes, I had to wait 80 minutes to start my test AFTER I arrived at the testing center.

40 minutes, I had to wait 80 minutes to start my test AFTER I arrived at the testing center.
Yeah I knew the 40 minutes would be a bit short for an actual test day, but I really couldn't force myself to sit around doing nothing for 60+ minutes. Oh well, it worked out for me on my test day.

Yeah I knew the 40 minutes would be a bit short for an actual test day, but I really couldn't force myself to sit around doing nothing for 60+ minutes. Oh well, it worked out for me on my test day.

Yea, everything ultimately worked out for me too. It wasn't the most fun experience to wait so long. There were people who were finished with the PS section before I started.