What's your Myers Briggs type?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LuluLovesMe

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't really give much credence to this, but I thought it might be something interesting to do while we are all waiting to hear back from the 100 schools that we applied to.

Take the test here just so we are all using the same test. It's probably not the most accurate but it's quick.

http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

My results: INTP

80% I
27% N
77% T
39% P

(I'm assuming the percentages are how much more of one trait you score compared to the opposite one)

Members don't see this ad.

Really bad test/retest reliability for this particular personality inventory. Based on some outdated taxonomic assumptions.

Regardless, I'm an INTP, as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Really bad test/retest reliability for this particular personality inventory. Based on some outdated taxonomic assumptions.

Regardless, I'm an INTP, as well.

Oh well. It's just for fun anyways. I heard there are more ISFJ/ESFJ in medicine than INTP/ISTP interestingly!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh well. It's just for fun anyways. I heard there are more ISFJ/ESFJ in medicine than INTP/ISTP interestingly!
It is fun! My psych brain is just like, "No! Remember personality psych!"

Reactions: 1 user
Mid/jungle main, but can support and adc well. Bad at top.

Or did I mis-understand the question?

Reactions: 3 users
Mid/jungle main, but can support and adc well. Bad at top.

Or did I mis-understand the question?

Pls if you are diamond can you carry me there? I keep losing games and it has nothing to do with my flaming.

Have always been an ENTJ, but this one gave "executive (ESTJ-A)", which I do not agree with.

Have always been an ENTJ, but this one gave "executive (ESTJ-A)", which I do not agree with.
N and S seem to be interchangeable in a lot of tests I take too. What's the difference?

N and S seem to be interchangeable in a lot of tests I take too. What's the difference?

incoming copy-paste:

"Sensing (S)
Paying attention to physical reality, what I see, hear, touch, taste, and smell. I'm concerned with what is actual, present, current, and real. I notice facts and I remember details that are important to me. I like to see the practical use of things and learn best when I see how to use what I'm learning. Experience speaks to me louder than words.

The following statements generally apply to me:

• I remember events as snapshots of what actually happened.
  • I solve problems by working through facts until I understand the problem.
  • I am pragmatic and look to the "bottom line."
  • I start with facts and then form a big picture.
  • I trust experience first and trust words and symbols less.
  • Sometimes I pay so much attention to facts, either present or past, that I miss new possibilities.
Intuition (N)
Paying the most attention to impressions or the meaning and patterns of the information I get. I would rather learn by thinking a problem through than by hands-on experience. I'm interested in new things and what might be possible, so that I think more about the future than the past. I like to work with symbols or abstract theories, even if I don't know how I will use them. I remember events more as an impression of what it was like than as actual facts or details of what happened.

The following statements generally apply to me:
  • I remember events by what I read "between the lines" about their meaning.
  • I solve problems by leaping between different ideas and possibilities.
  • I am interested in doing things that are new and different.
  • I like to see the big picture, then to find out the facts.
  • I trust impressions, symbols, and metaphors more than what I actually experienced
  • Sometimes I think so much about new possibilities that I never look at how to make them a reality.
"
Source:
http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/sensing-or-intuition.htm

Members don't see this ad :)
INTJ. Like Putin.

I love that he's the first "famous person" referenced as sharing that personality type with me. Ugh.

I'm interested by the seemingly apparent majority of I-type personalities in this thread. Despite the shortcomings of the Myers-Briggs personality inventory overall, have there been studies to see if physicians typically cluster in certain personality types?
I and E are about 50-50 in physicians iirc.

Surgeons tend more towards E while primary care and IM tend towards I

I'm interested by the seemingly apparent majority of I-type personalities in this thread. Despite the shortcomings of the Myers-Briggs personality inventory overall, have there been studies to see if physicians typically cluster in certain personality types?
It's probably more a function of the sorts of people that post about personality types on forums on the internet than it is of physicians in general.

INFJ most recently but have also tested as INTJ and ISFJ

I'm sure we all had these moments.

5EbXUL8.gif

Reactions: 14 users
INTJ... the rarest type of woman. ;)

INTJ... the rarest type of woman. ;)
I thought ENTJ and INFJ were the rarest overall. Amusingly, they're also the personality types that I'm most compatible with, which means I've got all of 3.3% of the population I can stand in the long run.

Reactions: 2 users
INTJ :p

Last edited:
INFJ... Which makes Elsa my spirit Disney princess, in case anyone was wondering.

INFP, used some of the qualities they say to write some essays.

ENTP (though borderline INTP, pretty much I have no problem socializing, but I definitely need the down-time by myself)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
What's with all the I's here?

People who can sit down for hours at a desk every day successfully memorizing Latin plant names, Kreb's cycle and anatomy probably have more introverted inclinations than the average.

That and self-selection.

I always, always get INTP on these tests but then today I got INFJ-A. I love how famous INFJ's include Martin Luther King, Jr., Nelson Mandela, Mother Theresa . . . and Mel Gibson. :shifty:

I always, always get INTP on these tests but then today I got INFJ-A. I love how famous INFJ's include Martin Luther King, Jr., Nelson Mandela, Mother Theresa . . . and Mel Gibson. :shifty:
That's a lesson, right there. You can be so many things, so choose wisely.

Huh, this particular test gave me INTP-A. Maybe I've softened over the years.

YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE IS:
LOGICIAN (INTP-A)

64% Introverted
52% Intuitive
27% Thinking
47% Prospecting
9% Assertive

Huh, this particular test gave me INTP-A. Maybe I've softened over the years.

YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE IS:
LOGICIAN (INTP-A)

64% Introverted
52% Intuitive
27% Thinking
47% Prospecting
9% Assertive

Mine changed, too!

I used to always get INTJ, and this one gave me ISTJ tonight. Lol.

The tests are the biggest weakness of MBTI, particularly the dichotomy tests like the one linked to up thread. The heart of the theory lies in the cognitive functions, which Jung originally identified.

There are 8 cognitive functions, created from the introverted and extraverted attitudes of Intuition, Sensing, Thinking, and Feeling.

eg., an INFJ has this cognitive function stack:
Ni-Fe-Ti-Se

An INFP (only one letter different) has completely different preferred cognitive functions:
Fi-Ne-Si-Te

This link directly tests your cognitive functions, and the author is respected:
http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

Edit: summary of functions:

http://www.keys2cognition.com/cgjung.htm

Keep in mind that the J/P dichotomy is misunderstood. It was added by Isabelle Meyers merely as an attempt to determine whether the dominant cognitive function was a judging one (Thinking or Feeling) or a Perceiving one (Sensing vs Intuition). Introverted J types are dominant perceivers and vice versa. Kiersey went a step further and confused everyone.

Anyway, there's something to it, but only if used properly, with recognition of its limits.

Sent from Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
The tests are the biggest weakness of MBTI, particularly the dichotomy tests like the one linked to up thread. The heart of the theory lies in the cognitive functions, which Jung originally identified.

There are 8 cognitive functions, created from the introverted and extraverted attitudes of Intuition, Sensing, Thinking, and Feeling.

eg., an INFJ has this cognitive function stack:
Ni-Fe-Ti-Se

An INFP (only one letter different) has completely different preferred cognitive functions:
Fi-Ne-Si-Te

This link directly tests your cognitive functions, and the author is respected:
http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

Edit: summary of functions:

http://www.keys2cognition.com/cgjung.htm

Keep in mind that the J/P dichotomy is misunderstood. It was added by Isabelle Meyers merely as an attempt to determine whether the dominant cognitive function was a judging one (Thinking or Feeling) or a Perceiving one (Sensing vs Intuition). Introverted J types are dominant perceivers and vice versa. Kiersey went a step further and confused everyone.

Anyway, there's something to it, but only if used properly, with recognition of its limits.

Sent from Tapatalk
Yeah, on the old school, proper tests I'm still INTJ.

Female ENTJ here! I think we're like <2% of the population.

I had this. ESFJ-A
Whatever that means =p

I've gotten three different results on three different tests today. We may as well be asking each other about our astrological signs, imo.