What's your Myers Briggs type?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've gotten three different results on three different tests today. We may as well be asking each other about our astrological signs, imo.

Chinese zodiac or European?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I took the test a few months back. ESTJ-A

I've gotten three different results on three different tests today. We may as well be asking each other about our astrological signs, imo.

I do palm readings and tarot too. $30/reading through skype ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Online personality tests are the "rational" person's version of a tarot reading.

Apparently, my personality type is: "COMMANDER (ENTJ-A)". Well, I guess it is spot on.

Because I was bored and felt like organizing some data.. so far on this thread there are:

INTP 5
INFJ 7 (including me)
ENTJ 3
INTJ 7
INFP 3
ENFJ 2
ESFP 1
ESTJ 2
ENTP 2
ESFJ 2
ISTJ 1

I didn't count people's previous results, only the most recent. Interesting that INFJ/INTJ, followed by INTP, are the highest-represented here.

Reactions: 3 users

That's because you don't have a clear preference over one or more of the traits. Personality testing is not that flawed.

That's because you don't have a clear preference over one or more of the traits. Personality testing is not that flawed.

How do you know it's not flawed? I think it's working on the same principle that horoscopes do. People read the random description of vague traits and think "Ooh, that's so me!"

How do you know it's not flawed? I think it's working on the same principle that horoscopes do. People read the random description of vague traits and think "Ooh, that's so me!"

Just let it be, who cares if it's flawed or not. Fun is ok once and in a while. Btw horoscopes compare pseudoscience based on the sun's position during your time of the birth and how it affects your personality and character. Very different.

Members don't see this ad :)
INTJ

@Mad Jack we're pretty much the masterminds behind the scenes.

Also, rarest female type. Funny thing is, all my close friends and SO are INTJ as well, I guess we tend to stick together ;)

Loving all the I's on here!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
PERSONALITY: ESFJ ("THE CONSUL")
VARIANT: TURBULENT
ROLE: SENTINEL

Surprisingly accurate, I'm in disbelief. It has me described to a very good degree, interesting...

Quote: Good listeners and enthusiastic team members, people with the ESFJ personality type are excellent providers of medical care and social work. Teaching is another great option, as ESFJs are comfortable with authority, but are supportive and friendly enough to keep that authority from feeling overbearing.

Holy crap, spot on! Medicine and Teaching are my two go-to professions. I like this test. ESFJs account for about 9–13% of the population.

Last edited:
Hogwash though it may be, it's fun to think about how my answers to those questions have evolved since the first time I took one of these tests. Especially the questions about comfort meeting with new people and uncertain situations. Thank you, obstetrics.

Formerly ISTJ, now ESFP. Just barely on the 'extroverted' side.

Just let it be, who cares if it's flawed or not. Fun is ok once and in a while. Btw horoscopes compare pseudoscience based on the sun's position during your time of the birth and how it affects your personality and character. Very different.

Lol, I know what horoscopes are. I mean they both "work" by giving you a vague description of a personality type that could apply to almost anyone and then you "see yourself" in it because you want to. They both give you the same kind of information in the end: romantic advice, career advice, what famous people are just like you... It's the same.

INTJ

@Mad Jack we're pretty much the masterminds behind the scenes.

Also, rarest female type. Funny thing is, all my close friends and SO are INTJ as well, I guess we tend to stick together ;)

Loving all the I's on here!
Please change your avatar back to that cute cat.

Thank you for your cooperation.

ESFJ-A?
I've never thought I was very extroverted.. Haha.

I took it again with the link someone posted.

On one test I get INFP this other one INTP

I took it again with the link someone posted.

On one test I get INFP this other one INTP

That means you're Divergent. Don't tell anyone.

Ah I'll have to add that to the list of movies I need to see

Add me to the list of ESFJs! Pretty consistent with what I've gotten before - ISFJ. Guess I may be an ambivert.

Crazy amount of INTJs here. Must be something about medicine that draws that personality type to it, given the relative overrepresentation we're seeing.

Crazy amount of INTJs here. Must be something about medicine that draws that personality type to it, given the relative overrepresentation we're seeing.

INTJ's are introverted thinkers, so it is natural that we see an over-representation of them in the sciences and in medicine. The selection criteria for medicine also depends heavily on academics and test-taking ability, which are the primary screening criteria for adcoms, before they even begin to look into your activities, your LORs and get a glimpse of you during the interview.

For graduate school in the hard sciences, INTJs are better able to handle the isolating environments, void of sane people, and work quietly on dull/esoteric projects without confronting their research supervisors. They also have good focus on academics, so they make fine PhDs overall, although they become poor managers in the end, once they reach supervisory positions where they actually have to work with people.

SOURCE: sibling and father who are INTJs

Mid/jungle main, but can support and adc well. Bad at top.

Or did I mis-understand the question?

Top is so much fun though, it's all of the solo lane wave control mechanics without the constant jungle pressure.

Basically I suck at mid and I'm bitter is what I'm trying to say.

...and it's time to listen to some Led Zep. Who's with me?
PERSONALITY: ESFJ ("THE CONSUL")
VARIANT: TURBULENT
ROLE: SENTINEL

Surprisingly accurate, I'm in disbelief. It has me described to a very good degree, interesting...

Quote: Good listeners and enthusiastic team members, people with the ESFJ personality type are excellent providers of medical care and social work. Teaching is another great option, as ESFJs are comfortable with authority, but are supportive and friendly enough to keep that authority from feeling overbearing.

Holy crap, spot on! Medicine and Teaching are my two go-to professions. I like this test. ESFJs account for about 9–13% of the population.

omg I just read my description (INTP/ENTP, I'm borderline I/E). That was more reality than I think I needed...Yikes. *how do they knowwwwww*.......I almost feel naked. I don't mind it, I just was not expecting it...? I...yeah...

...although they become poor managers in the end, once they reach supervisory positions where they actually have to work with people.
I disagree. Introverts can be great leaders. And, since INTJs are the clear superior personality type of all the introverts, we would do just fine.

Introverts, unlike some extroverts, tend to be more willing to lead from behind the scenes rather than micro-managing every little aspect of their business. We give people more leeway to work autonomously. Of course, it's easy to see how this type of leadership would backfire, which is precisely why we're so picky when creating a team. (We work great with competent people, incompetency and INTJs do not mix well, though...).

This reminded me of a Lao Tzu quote that is quite on-point from an INTJ perspective:
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."

INTJ's are introverted thinkers, so it is natural that we see an over-representation of them in the sciences and in medicine. The selection criteria for medicine also depends heavily on academics and test-taking ability, which are the primary screening criteria for adcoms, before they even begin to look into your activities, your LORs and get a glimpse of you during the interview.

For graduate school in the hard sciences, INTJs are better able to handle the isolating environments, void of sane people, and work quietly on dull/esoteric projects without confronting their research supervisors. They also have good focus on academics, so they make fine PhDs overall, although they become poor managers in the end, once they reach supervisory positions where they actually have to work with people.

SOURCE: sibling and father who are INTJs
See, it's funny- I actually work well with people and am an excellent team leader and manager, and I'm actually pretty well-received socially. Work interactions I don't find draining, for whatever reason, but going out and being social is something that slowly saps my energy. I can only hang out like, 3 days a week, max, or I start to just get exhausted. Even when I was traveling, I'd have to budget my time, with a good 6 hours of solo exploring before I'd do a good 6 hours of partying at night, because I just needed a good half of the waking day to myself to recharge.

Definitely good at handling isolation and studying for days on end though. I hardly even notice I've been in my room all week studying, until one day I start getting antsy and start wanting to talk to people and hang out about every 5th day or so.

I disagree. Introverts can be great leaders. And, since INTJs are the clear superior personality type of all the introverts, we would do just fine.

Introverts, unlike some extroverts, tend to be more willing to lead from behind the scenes rather than micro-managing every little aspect of their business. We give people more leeway to work autonomously. Of course, it's easy to see how this type of leadership would backfire, which is precisely why we're so picky when creating a team. (We work great with competent people, incompetency and INTJs do not mix well, though...).

This reminded me of a Lao Tzu quote that is quite on-point from an INTJ perspective:

Jack Dorsey is a good example. No idea of the rest of his personality type but he is definitely an I. He was quoted recently about his tenure at Square and Twitter as saying something very similar to the Lao Tzu quote--"If I have to make a decision about something then there has been a management failure somewhere."

Last edited:
See, it's funny- I actually work well with people and am an excellent team leader and manager, and I'm actually pretty well-received socially. Work interactions I don't find draining, for whatever reason, but going out and being social is something that slowly saps my energy. I can only hang out like, 3 days a week, max, or I start to just get exhausted. Even when I was traveling, I'd have to budget my time, with a good 6 hours of solo exploring before I'd do a good 6 hours of partying at night, because I just needed a good half of the waking day to myself to recharge.

Definitely good at handling isolation and studying for days on end though. I hardly even notice I've been in my room all week studying, until one day I start getting antsy and start wanting to talk to people and hang out about every 5th day or so.

Ditto. Somehow socializing (in the hospital) is fun. But getting dolled up and having to put energy in focusing during social gatherings (lest you want to be the bored person at the bar) more than several times a week is...a lot...

Reactions: 2 users
ENFP for this quiz and ESFP for the "real" quiz

Last edited:
@Mad Jack

I think the INTJ over-representation is due to SDN being an internet forum, not something that applies to medicine in general.

Reactions: 3 users