What's your SOPHAS timeline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

glas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

Just wondering how people are doing with SOPHAS apps. My original plan was to get all mine in before Nov 1 but clearly that didn't happen. Now I'm aiming for before Dec 1. Anyone else in my boat? Or later? I feel like I've seen so many posts with people done already, wonder if I'm the only one who is on the later side...

Members don't see this ad.

yeah im not applying till december/january. unlike most people in this forum none of the schools im applying to have a deadline before february 1

Only 1 of my school's has a December deadline.
Two have January...and the rest are rolling/by Feb.

I plan on having mine done early December just because I am done with stressing out and spending my life in the library working on apps. :)

Most of my info in SOPHAS has been filled out...now I am just working on my various SOP's.

Members don't see this ad :)
my earliest deadline is Dec. 15th.... so I submitted my apps last week. however, I'm still waiting/stalking my letter writers (haha). I asked for them to be completed by the end of this week.

haha @ stalking letter writers. I'm there.

SOPHAS seems to be pretty quick in terms of getting the transcripts / LORs and posting them online at least... makes stalking letter writers a little less embarrassing by avoiding responses that they sent theres in a month ago.

Here's a question for those of you that have already submitted w/ transcripts received at SOPHAS- did you see anything posted online to indicate that they're verifying your application? My status box doesn't say anything about verification, despite saying that 3/3 transcripts are received.

From what I've read on this site SOPHAS does grade calculations after you have submitted the app and transcripts and at least 2 refs have been received.

From what I've read on this site SOPHAS does grade calculations after you have submitted the app and transcripts and at least 2 refs have been received.

This is true.

Your GPA will be calculated AFTER you "submit".

Great! Thanks for your responses. It's all submitted then and they have all the transcripts.

Would anything on the status page change to indicate that they're verifying your app and calculating your GPAs? Or would it just kind of sit there until 2-6 weeks later when it's magically it's all verified and sent to schools?

Basically, is there anything on the status box or anywhere else that lets you know that they're working on it and that there's nothing else for you to do?

Great! Thanks for your responses. It's all submitted then and they have all the transcripts.

Would anything on the status page change to indicate that they're verifying your app and calculating your GPAs? Or would it just kind of sit there until 2-6 weeks later when it's magically it's all verified and sent to schools?

Basically, is there anything on the status box or anywhere else that lets you know that they're working on it and that there's nothing else for you to do?
Well, once your GPA is calculated, it'll show up under "GPA calculation" only when you click it. And I think SOPHAS sent a message when they were finished verifying my app and then sent me an email when they actually mailed out the apps.

For those of you who have submitted any of your app's yet...did submitting feel you less or more stressed?
After working on all my app's, SOP, getting together my LOR's....
I thought submission would make me feel 10x better but I just feel nervous that I forgot something/made a mistake etc.
Not so worried about the waiting game(yet!) just afraid I missed something.
I also wanted to pass along the timely response I got from SOPHAS. It was showing up on UNC's website that my GRE scores had been received but nothing on SOPHAS. Since I had my scores also sent to Emory, Tulane and BU and they forward scores to SOPHAS I was a little worried about it not showing up. I e-mailed SOPHAS this morning and heard back an hour later that they are now posted.

I hope everyone out there is having a less stressful time with their apps. Good luck everyone! :)

Yeah, submission wasn't the end of stress, but that seems to be a theme in life: something's always going to be there to stress you out; you just have to let the worrying go.

I have to agree, quick turn around with SOPHAS! I submitted my app on the 10th and on Friday (13th) morning I received an e-mail from SOPHAS stating that they had calculated my GPAs, verified my application, and will send the app out with their next mailings. Nice.

Hmm, I'm not as stressed as I was before submission, but I'm definitely still anxious and worried--I do not like this waiting game!

I have to agree, quick turn around with SOPHAS! I submitted my app on the 10th and on Friday (13th) morning I received an e-mail from SOPHAS stating that they had calculated my GPAs, verified my application, and will send the app out with their next mailings. Nice.

Good to know! My app was complete on Thursday the 12th. I'll post again when it gets verified and submitted in case other people are wondering what the verification timeframe is looking like now, although I'm pretty sure it'll take them a little longer to figure out what to do with the random assortment of grades vs. pass/fail vs. honors/high-pass/pass there is to sort through between undergrad and med school.

And I'm pretty sure that the post-submission worrying/anxiety most of us experience is very normal- like werd said it's just a matter of realizing that (luckily) most of it is out of our hands now!

My sophas application was also verified and mailed out in a few days after submission.

I definitely have post-submission stress which now involves worrying if all the schools got all my gre scores, transcripts, etc... I've only heard back from 3 schools but I submitted my apps awhile ago..so now I'm annoying admissions offices to confirm my application status. Good news is they've all been super nice and helpful so far.

Not to mention the stress of waiting for their decisions... :)

OOoo: apps mailed out this morning. E-submitted 11/10/09, sent out 11/17/09. Only a week! I'm impressed.

Congrats on getting your apps in, utph. It's a bummer that the schools haven't confirmed receipt though. Now I'm starting to wonder how stressed I should actually be, haha.

OOoo: apps mailed out this morning. E-submitted 11/10/09, sent out 11/17/09. Only a week! I'm impressed.

Word up, werd.

My sophas file -- the cornucopia of excellence that it is -- was sent out yesterday too. We are practically identical twins (although I prefer it that we be fraternal twins [as I like to think that I am the single best looking person alive - a Helen of Troy, if you will... No, a He of Troy rather.]

So... what I am really trying to say is this: whats your blood type? :xf:

But on a more serious note, I did get a confirmation from Yale (which I am quite sure most anyone with an active email account did/will receive)... Is it a mere coincidence that they almost immediately mentioned finaid? It's like their tuition is expensive or something...

Hell, I even asked this girl about the Yale finaid thing...

alanis_morissette_3.jpg

...and she thought it was ironic.

(Don't you think?)

Last edited:
Word up, werd.

Cornucopia of fraternal twins

Sure, let's do it!:diebanana: (<-- i don't really get this one)

(this is, spahrep, more appropriate-->) :highfive:

Who would've thought... it figures

Last edited:
Woohoo: Apps complete 11/12, verified 11/20. Not a bad turnaround time!

And for all you crazy overachieving SDN folk, no financial aid / scholarship / acceptances yet ;-)

haha.

Congrats-- SOPHAS is so speedy as of late.