What's your top choice medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UCLA is my dream school for sure :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Can you elaborate on that?
I ain't him, but I can guess. YSM gives you enough freedom to flex your independent wings or dig yourself a deep grave. It's flexibility to the max, no grades, no mandatory assessments besides a "qualifier" at the end of every course that you only have to pass. No one knows your grade but you. So if you can't be self-disciplined there, you dead.

Reactions: 7 users
Albert Einstein College of Medicine.

That school and I were made for eachother.

Interview in 2 weeks! TOO nervous.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I ain't him, but I can guess. YSM gives you enough freedom to flex your independent wings or dig yourself a deep grave. It's flexibility to the max, no grades, no mandatory assessments besides a "qualifier" at the end of every course that you only have to pass. No one knows your grade but you. So if you can't be self-disciplined there, you dead.

I assume the Dawg knew that during his app process, I'm wondering why he had the change of perspective on it.

Yale (because my ladyfriend is doing her PhD there) or any east coast school somewhat close to there, but realistically, UWSMPH and I am not complaining since we have such a great state med school :)

"Yale! But realistically.. UWsmph"

@mr.mkitty we are Wisco twins :p

Yale (because my ladyfriend is doing her PhD there) or any east coast school somewhat close to there, but realistically, UWSMPH and I am not complaining since we have such a great state med school :)

"Yale! But realistically.. UWsmph"

@mr.mkitty we are Wisco twins :p
Right on, brother!

All seriousness hands down is Ican school of medicine

Isn't that only applicable for the preclinical years? I don't see what's wrong with that.

Isn't that only applicable for the preclinical years? I don't see what's wrong with that.
it's problematic if you're not good at self discipline like @avgn said. You could fall way behind and fail the step 1.

The Medical College of Winterhold
tumblr_mxkomxdD5G1rel4pvo1_500.gif

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sinai (pretty please can I have some II love :bow:?)

I'm surprised you feel that way, especially given the vibe that students just do everything on their own time in a relaxed environment

Can you elaborate on that?

I assume the Dawg knew that during his app process, I'm wondering why he had the change of perspective on it.

I've discovered I'm a slacker. If I didn't have any pressure on me at all, I would probably not do anything. I have discovered I need at least a little bit of a sense of urgency - something I didn't realize until I started med school.

State uni, if rejected there then..... Wait I only applied to target and safeties.... Dam

Yale. Their Logo in tow, backwards, is my username. We can only dream. I wouldnt bother applying, but then again I really want a rejection letter from them and will throw away the money on them just so I can chuckle. My school has specific statistics for people who matriculated to Yale from here. That person (1 statistic - i forget when they started collecting this data I think it was fairly recent 3-5 years), held a patent in biomedical [e] engineering. Top around the country is no joke.

Last edited:
I actually would love to go to Keck, until I saw the price...

"A non-refundable application fee of $95, or an AMCAS fee waiver "

Pretty standard. I get motivated by negativity, so this would only fuel my cycle.

No one's ego should really be bruised for their dream reach, unless you were actually competitive riight...
Maybe they will send out acceptance letters to rejects like Hopkins did, and for a glimpse you will have a time in your lifetime when you got in. And then "100" things you will never experience lol.

California north state

Said no one ever

This kind of stuff is unnecessary. There's no need to bash a school like this. I have a close friend going there who likes it and they've started things up pretty smoothly over there.

Dream...Columbia.....but I'd be very happy at Georgetown.

UIC for that in-state tuition although I would be happy at any Illinois school.

Out of state: Albany Med School or NYMC

In state: UCF, USF

Yale. Their Logo in tow, backwards, is my username. We can only dream. I wouldnt bother applying, but then again I really want a rejection letter from them and will throw away the money on them just so I can chuckle. My school has specific statistics for people who matriculated to Yale from here. That person (1 statistic - i forget when they started collecting this data I think it was fairly recent 3-5 years), held a patent in biomedical [e] engineering. Top around the country is no joke.
10/10 for working that into your username. Top creativity.

0/10 for calling it a "Logo" when it's Yale's motto... ;p

Reactions: 1 users
In State: UNC CHAPEL HILL, Wake Forest, Duke (reach)
Out of State: UVA

If one of these three accepts me I would be over the moon.

Last edited:
Out of state: University of Michigan
In state: Any UT school

duke duke duke duke

Loma Linda. That way I could be a cool rebel kid because I drink coffee and skip church.

Reactions: 4 users
Hofstra. Hofstra. Hofstra. I've been creeping on that school for two years. I still have the silly hand sanitizer they gave out when they dropped by my school.

Reactions: 3 users
U Miami. It's like learning medicine in an active war zone that also has awesome beaches

10/10 for working that into your username. Top creativity.

0/10 for calling it a "Logo" when it's Yale's motto... ;p

Ahaha, FAIL xD lit was a long day :wacky:

duke duke duke duke

the surrounding alone makes the school so attractive. Especially this time of the year. I would wake up in the morning for the most beautiful run in the woods everyday

Brown lol.

Rejected for undergrad, and it looks like it'll be back to back jordan 96 97 this time around :(

Whoa :eek: very important and very pretentious. You will look back and be mad you gave them attention. Don't let it weigh heavy on your conscious. Yeah, You will have better options.

-in my Drizzy voice

Duke, but there's no way I'm getting in given my sGPA is below their tenth percentile :( Idk why they even interviewed me. But I'd be thrilled to go to UIC!

U Chicago/Northwestern for academics, but Loyola for location/REALITY.

Dreams are nice, be happy to get in anywhere and work hard!

In State: UCSD or UCLA
Out of State: UWSMPH or Harvard

I'd love anything that doesn't cost more than my house.. but, if I could, Chicago Medical School. Realistically, probably UT Med.

U.Miami (interview on Monday *takes deep breath*), SUNY down (interview in like 2 weeks), Icahn (II plz?).

Last edited: