whats your undergrad major?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MyNameIsAlex

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ITEC & Psych here (honours ba, and honours b.sc)

Members don't see this ad.

biomedical engineering w/concentration in materials

Members don't see this ad :)
Biology of course

HBSc in Bio, with a dash of math, english, chem, and kinesiology.

environmental science & public policy

Biomedical Engineering. with a hint of bartendering and a splash of lime

Forensic Chemistry

Electrical Engineering with emphasis in Biomedical Electronics.

Members don't see this ad :)
Microbiology with minors in chemistry (2 disgusting math classes away from major) and sociology.

MedicineBird said:
goovy :thumbup: what school had this program?
hahha... sorry, that's awesome... goovy... i'm gonna start using that :)

goovy

Didnt I start this same thread last week....

Biology :D

Double Major, BS Biochem with a Biophys emphasis and Neuroscience (general). Minors in Chemistry and Molecular Bio, contemplating one in microbiology too but I'm not sure yet.

Oh and in the other thread about undergrad majors some people say "Decided to do chem/bio etc cause I only needed three other classes after the pre-med reqs." What school do these guys go to, I mean I'm not at a really competitive college, but you certainly need a lot more classes then the pre-med reqs to get a major, even a minor, except for maybe chem.

virilep said:
Biomedical Engineering. with a hint of bartendering and a splash of lime
Hint of bartending huh? There was one Master's student in my lab who just got sick of the lab-scene (as if there really was a scene to begin with) and she decided to drop everything and become a bartender. I mean, a couple of months before you actually finish and you go and become a bartender? Why not just finish it the dgree then go and splash that lime??

Anyhoo :D

MedicineBird said:
goovy :thumbup: what school had this program?
florida international univ....miami, fl

political science! :love: (international relations emphasis)

BA in Bio and History (Business and Labor history to be exact)...

bioengineering (the real abet certified kind, my school had a more or less useless "premedical" bioengineering major)

bty, damn some of you folks did cool stuff

Biology secondary education, Minor in History.

BA in Biology, minors in French and Computer Science

psych, might minor in math

history major, with a minor in chemistry and religious studies

biology w/A&P concentration
minored officially in chemistry and had the credits to minor in music performance, but we couldn't officially have 2 minors. :rolleyes:

Sweet Tea said:
biology w/A&P concentration
minored officially in chemistry and had the credits to minor in music performance, but we couldn't officially have 2 minors. :rolleyes:

What instrument? Just curious - I had a friend who minored with the piano and he's in med school right now.

(Mmmmm sweet tea - I miss sweet tea... :( )

ferzen said:
Electrical Engineering with emphasis in Biomedical Electronics.

Biomedical Electronics? I work in the engineering field and am majoring in Electrical Engineering. It sounds like the direction I should be going, do you have a link to the program?

Wow some of these engineering majors sound scary!

I'm a double major in Genetics and Psychology... (pretty much typical pre-med)