when am i supposed to take mcat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JaYwOo55

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,
i'm trying to enter medical school right after college ends. im currently a 2nd year and will finish all the prereqs by the end of the year, in may 2005. when should i take the mcat? is august too early?

Members don't see this ad.

JaYwOo55 said:
hi,
i'm trying to enter medical school right after college ends. im currently a 2nd year and will finish all the prereqs by the end of the year, in may 2005. when should i take the mcat? is august too early?

Don't take the MCAT before you are ready. Your time scale means that you have to take it during April or August before your last year of college. Taking it during April improves your chances at schools with rolling admissions.

Members don't see this ad :)
you could take it august of your junior year, and have all summer to prepare and take a prep class while the actual class material is fresh in your head. I had my pre-req's finished by the end of sophomore year and i wish i had done this. The downside however is that i took genetics, anatomy/physiology, and biochem my junior year and that helped me out a lot for the mcat, but i did not do as much practice work or studying for the mcat since i was juggling both regular classes and kaplan classes.

how do u tell if u are ready? are u ready once u finish the prereq classes like physics, ochem, and bio?