Kfiles

10+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2006
Status
I have a friend that just made the decision to apply. Does he still have time for 2007?? How long does he have to get stuff done??

Jediwendell

10+ Year Member
Sep 27, 2004
Status
Kfiles said:
I have a friend that just made the decision to apply. Does he still have time for 2007?? How long does he have to get stuff done??

Well, your "friend" should check the PASS website or call the individual programs. It is getting close to time to have your act together.

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status
Dentist
Jediwendell said:
Well, your "friend" should check the PASS website or call the individual programs. It is getting close to time to have your act together.
With how long it takes some writers to get their LORs submitted, it certainly is time to get stuff together.

Jediwendell

10+ Year Member
Sep 27, 2004
Status
ItsGavinC said:
With how long it takes some writers to get their LORs submitted, it certainly is time to get stuff together.

It seems like you have been in dental school for eons. Are you going to specialize?

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status
Dentist
Jediwendell said:
It seems like you have been in dental school for eons. Are you going to specialize?
I've just applied to pedo programs. Will I match? That remains to be seen.

unlvdmd

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2004
Las Vegas
Status
With a name like K files, your "friend's" goal must have been ortho from the get-go. No, but seriously... good luck to ya. Applying for anything is a scary time :luck:

OP
K

Kfiles

10+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2006
Status
unlvdmd said:
With a name like K files, your "friend's" goal must have been ortho from the get-go. No, but seriously... good luck to ya. Applying for anything is a scary time :luck:

I am applying for endo and he just decided that he would like to apply for ortho after 2.5 years out of school. i just was asking for him when the apps are due. We couldnt find a specific deadline on the PASS website. All of my apps have been straight to each school so I havent dealt with PASS at all. He just wanted to know what the dealine was.

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status
Dentist
Kfiles said:
I am applying for endo and he just decided that he would like to apply for ortho after 2.5 years out of school. i just was asking for him when the apps are due. We couldnt find a specific deadline on the PASS website. All of my apps have been straight to each school so I havent dealt with PASS at all. He just wanted to know what the dealine was.
The PASS website (the program search engine specifically) allows you to view all PASS ortho programs, as well as the PASS deadline, which is typically 2-3 weeks prior to the program deadlines. Either way, the PASS stuff needs to be submitted by the PASS deadlines.

Miss Mammelon

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2004
Status
Kfiles said:

Most of the programs' actual deadlines are Aug/Sept. Each has a slightly different date. The important thing to remember though, is that for the programs that take PASS applications, you must get the PASS app into PASS by a certain date (I think about 2 weeks ahead of the school's deadline) to be sure that the school will get it by their deadline.

It is better to get the apps in as early as possible though- so tell your friend to get them sent out as soon as he can.

OP
K

Kfiles

10+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2006
Status
Miss Mammelon said:
Most of the programs' actual deadlines are Aug/Sept. Each has a slightly different date. The important thing to remember though, is that for the programs that take PASS applications, you must get the PASS app into PASS by a certain date (I think about 2 weeks ahead of the school's deadline) to be sure that the school will get it by their deadline.

It is better to get the apps in as early as possible though- so tell your friend to get them sent out as soon as he can.

I talked to him today and he hasnt even taken the GRE. Are there programs that don't require it for ortho? Or do all require it? For me for endo I didnt need it as many programs didnt require it!

Jediwendell

10+ Year Member
Sep 27, 2004
Status
Kfiles said:
I talked to him today and he hasnt even taken the GRE. Are there programs that don't require it for ortho? Or do all require it? For me for endo I didnt need it as many programs didnt require it!

Why don't you have him do some checking. Sounds like he wants you to apply for him too.

BlueToothHunter

10+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2004
Status
Jediwendell said:
Why don't you have him do some checking. Sounds like he wants you to apply for him too.

It sounds like a case of a very concerned girlfriend looking after her boyfriend.... Stop 'mother'ing that guy! He needs to get his act together!