When are pharmacy schools going to start video recording lectures?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmlyDoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have some friends form undergrad who are now in medical school (allopathic) and they tell me they don't go to class, they just watch the lectures from home, and they say its more efficient and they can get more done that way. Why don't pharmacy schools do this?

Members don't see this ad.

Jefferson's been doing that since I started in 2008....didn't need to trudge through the snow, just booted up the lecture on iTunes and beamed it to my TV :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
And when I lecture now and again, they record the audio and sync them with my powerpoint slides later and release them.

Lots of pharmacy schools do this. It's unfortunate for students at schools that don't. :-/

I dunno man, I can get a lot of Facebooking and Amazon.com shopping done in class, so it's not a total loss.

Reactions: 1 users
My school recorded our lectures, but we also had mandatory attendance so you couldn't never go and just watch them at home later.

videotaped lectures plus 1.5-2x playback speed is where it is at.

Reactions: 1 user
videotaped lectures plus 1.5-2x playback speed is where it is at.

Nah, even better, we rotated who watched and made study sheets. Technically could get away with watching like 1 out of 6 lectures.

Going to class was more social anyway, but it was great having options.

No video recordings at my pharmacy school. We have audio recordings of the lectures (as long as the lecturer allows the lecture to be recorded) though. As for attendance, we have mandatory attendance for all classes and in some classes we are required to sign a sheet to show that we came to class.

No video recordings at my pharmacy school. We have audio recordings of the lectures (as long as the lecturer allows the lecture to be recorded) though. As for attendance, we have mandatory attendance for all classes and in some classes we are required to sign a sheet to show that we came to class.

That's so micromanaging. I don't know, I'd just be annoyed that after 4 years of undergraduate work where students get to take responsibility for knowing the material, you go back to this...mandatory attendance and in some places a dress code for class? What is this...Catholic school kindergarden?

I feel really bad for some of these kids at these schools.

Don't even bring up the "well it's like being at work" because it isn't...I get paid to do that, and students have a whole year to deal with that on rotations without pay, so stop trying to decorate your classrooms, egomaniacal ivory tower people!

Reactions: 1 user
Sounds like LECOM
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...d=0CDwQMygKMApqFQoTCK6Y1OCdy8cCFUPUHgodvXkEwQ
upload_2015-8-28_2-17-8.jpeg

That's so micromanaging. I don't know, I'd just be annoyed that after 4 years of undergraduate work where students get to take responsibility for knowing the material, you go back to this...mandatory attendance and in some places a dress code for class? What is this...Catholic school kindergarden?

I feel really bad for some of these kids at these schools.

Don't even bring up the "well it's like being at work" because it isn't...I get paid to do that, and students have a whole year to deal with that on rotations without pay, so stop trying to decorate your classrooms, egomaniacal ivory tower people!

Believe it or not, we actually do have a professional dress code that we must abide by for a certain class (or classes).

Sounds like LECOM

I'm not from LECOM.

Yeah, I remember when Touro had a dress code. I could only comply with that for about 4 days before I switched to black jeans, then slowly blue jeans.

The dumbest **** was when we had to dress up in a shirt + tie + slacks + white coat for pharmacy sim lab. When interns come to my pharmacy they are surprised to see that I'm wearing jeans with a plaid lumberjack shirt over a plain black t-shirt.