lavertus

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2004
31
0
Status
Ms. Napoletano said the first week or so of March. If you haven't heard by the end of the first week, she said to call the office I recall...
 

bidster

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
May 29, 2003
352
0
35
Visit site
Status
lavertus said:
Ms. Napoletano said the first week or so of March. If you haven't heard by the end of the first week, she said to call the office I recall...
This is sadly picky, but do you know if by "end of the first week of March," she meant next Friday (March 4th) or the Friday after that (end of the first full week of March)? Just wondering :)
 

ajt2003

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2004
585
2
Status
bidster said:
This is sadly picky, but do you know if by "end of the first week of March," she meant next Friday (March 4th) or the Friday after that (end of the first full week of March)? Just wondering :)
Eeks! Thank God February's a short month! Whoohoo! Nervous, nervous...
 

Shredder

User
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2004
3,907
4
Status
Medical Student
Columbia sounds awesome all of you, any advice? I think it's my top choice for next year...Wall Street mmm
 

lavertus

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2004
31
0
Status
bidster said:
This is sadly picky, but do you know if by "end of the first week of March," she meant next Friday (March 4th) or the Friday after that (end of the first full week of March)? Just wondering :)
not certain by any means, but i'm thinking the latter based on a fuzzy memory
 

sdnstud

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2003
1,017
0
Visit site
Status
i have not received an interview yet. am i rejection pending?
 

gdubb

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2005
357
0
37
nc-->dc
Status
sdnstud said:
i have not received an interview yet. am i rejection pending?
their website said they would send out invites through feb and finish up in march. it ain't looking so good right now i'm afraid, but stranger things have happened...
 

chlorineK

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2005
85
1
Status
gdubb said:
their website said they would send out invites through feb and finish up in march. it ain't looking so good right now i'm afraid, but stranger things have happened...

A P&S student had said on another thread that they stopped interviewing.
 

GuyLaroche

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
798
1
Status
I am so convinced I'll be rejected, I might just go ahead and withdraw.
 

blz

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2002
1,282
4
LA
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
GuyLaroche said:
I am so convinced I'll be rejected, I might just go ahead and withdraw.

Same here. eventhough I had a good interview, I know columbia interviews like a million people. I never got any thank you card from Frantz, or even my interviewer. So I guess they gave me a pity interview.
 

CarleneM

patent pending
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2004
689
1
38
Watertown, MA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
GuyLaroche said:
I am so convinced I'll be rejected, I might just go ahead and withdraw.
Guy, why are you so convinced? I bet you have a really excellent shot. Did you interview go miserably or something?
 

Sparky Man

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2004
445
0
Status
Medical Student
blz said:
Same here. eventhough I had a good interview, I know columbia interviews like a million people. I never got any thank you card from Frantz, or even my interviewer. So I guess they gave me a pity interview.
Yeah, I didn't get any special notes from Frantz, either. Guess we'll find out if it matters.
 

ajt2003

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2004
585
2
Status
Just heard from a good, reliable friend that Columbia's mailing all decisions on 3.01.05.

Hazaah!
 

CarleneM

patent pending
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2004
689
1
38
Watertown, MA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
ajt2003 said:
Just heard from a good, reliable friend that Columbia's mailing all decisions on 3.01.05.

Hazaah!

Awesome! Thanks for the insider info, ajt. I hope that is indeed the case. man, that's so soon.
 

ajt2003

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2004
585
2
Status
CarleneM said:
Awesome! Thanks for the insider info, ajt. I hope that is indeed the case. man, that's so soon.

...but not soon enough!

(he says while tapping his foot nervously and trying to look busy while at awfully boring job.)
 

sweatybrain

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2004
402
1
Status
Resident [Any Field]
ajt- do you have any inside sources at, say, HMS or Cornell? ;)
 

bidster

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
May 29, 2003
352
0
35
Visit site
Status
ajt2003 said:
...but not soon enough!

(he says while tapping his foot nervously and trying to look busy while at awfully boring job.)
ditto....my thesis advisor would strangle me if she knew how much time gets blown thinking about this stuff....
 

CarleneM

patent pending
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2004
689
1
38
Watertown, MA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
aprilshyla said:
holy crap, where did february go!? :eek:
no kidding- i don't think i've ever been this ecstatic that february has only 28 days. even if it means paying my rent check sooner than i would like, its soooo worth it.
 

ajt2003

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2004
585
2
Status
sweatybrain said:
ajt- do you have any inside sources at, say, HMS or Cornell? ;)

Alas my dear friend, I do not. I only keep up with the schools that decided to interview me. ;) Coughstillbittercough.
 

GuyLaroche

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
798
1
Status
bidster said:
:eek: just to avert a potential rejection???
I have a fragile ego. Besides, even if I got in, it would not have been a good match for me. I am trying to let go of my need to get into every damn school, 'cause ya know, you can only attend one.
 

Sparky Man

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2004
445
0
Status
Medical Student
GuyLaroche said:
I have a fragile ego. Besides, even if I got in, it would not have been a good match for me. I am trying to let go of my need to get into every damn school, 'cause ya know, you can only attend one.
I couldn't do that - I have to know if I get in. I like the rollercoaster...even if it leaves me totally bummed out in the end.
 

CarleneM

patent pending
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2004
689
1
38
Watertown, MA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
GuyLaroche said:
I have a fragile ego. Besides, even if I got in, it would not have been a good match for me. I am trying to let go of my need to get into every damn school, 'cause ya know, you can only attend one.
Guy, I'm really curious why you think you did so badly there. I'm also impressed you are letting go of that need; i still feel the need to hear back from everywhere i've interviewed, even though some of the schools are not ones i'm that interested in at this point. Its like, you want to finish the book you started reading even if its not that great.
 

bidster

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
May 29, 2003
352
0
35
Visit site
Status
GuyLaroche said:
I have a fragile ego. Besides, even if I got in, it would not have been a good match for me. I am trying to let go of my need to get into every damn school, 'cause ya know, you can only attend one.
I guess that's understandable if you're sure you don't want to go there. I'm more of a type who wants to know all of my options before I decide anything....that and I figure that after paying the secondary fee, spending all the time on my essays and RE-entering my classes, and spending more time and money on traveling for the interview--I want a return on that investment!!! (even if it's just a post-it with "loser" written on it)
 

Ranger47

Doctor G
15+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2002
259
1
Visit site
Status
I agree with withdrawing if you aren't planning on going there. Let us that haven't gotten an acceptance get some love.
 

SarahGM

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2003
863
1
39
upper upper UPPER west side
Visit site
Status
Hey all, I walked by the admission's office today and I saw Dean Frantz signing a whole stack of interesting looking papers! :D

Dr. Frantz has a history of meeting with a handful of students regularly... one of said students is my good friend, who mentioned that the decisions are about to go out...

Best of luck to all!!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Wow, talking to you guys makes me realize I'm not going to be a first year anymore... very soon!
 

bidster

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
May 29, 2003
352
0
35
Visit site
Status
SarahGM said:
Hey all, I walked by the admission's office today and I saw Dean Frantz signing a whole stack of interesting looking papers! :D

Dr. Frantz has a history of meeting with a handful of students regularly... one of said students is my good friend, who mentioned that the decisions are about to go out...

Best of luck to all!!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Wow, talking to you guys makes me realize I'm not going to be a first year anymore... very soon!
Thanks for the update Sarah!! With any luck they'll get them stuffed into envelopes soon and be one of the first schools to put us out of our waiting misery :)
 

GuyLaroche

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
798
1
Status
CarleneM said:
Guy, I'm really curious why you think you did so badly there. I'm also impressed you are letting go of that need; i still feel the need to hear back from everywhere i've interviewed, even though some of the schools are not ones i'm that interested in at this point. Its like, you want to finish the book you started reading even if its not that great.
I had a mild argument with my interviewer about somethings she said, which I objected to. I was so irritated by her that I was absolutely not interested by the end of the interview. Besides, that visit to New York was so terrible, I took it as a sign. I feel just as badly about Cornell.
 

ajt2003

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2004
585
2
Status
bidster said:
Thanks for the update Sarah!! With any luck they'll get them stuffed into envelopes soon and be one of the first schools to put us out of our waiting misery :)
Sarah, you totally rock.

Um, speaking of envelopes, do acceptances come in large or small one?!

Since we're obsessing, I'd thought I'd be that guy.
 

aprilshyla

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2004
126
0
Durham, North Carolina
Status
ajt2003 said:
Sarah, you totally rock.

Um, speaking of envelopes, do acceptances come in large or small one?!

Since we're obsessing, I'd thought I'd be that guy.
i believe in another thread sarah said they were big fat envelopes. at least we know what we're looking for now. :laugh:
 

ajt2003

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2004
585
2
Status
aprilshyla said:
i believe in another thread sarah said they were big fat envelopes. at least we know what we're looking for now. :laugh:
Totally!

Why does this process make us crazy? I think I need to take an extended break from SDN...

...but I won't. :p
 

Rugger81

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2004
302
0
Status
GuyLaroche said:
I had a mild argument with my interviewer about somethings she said, which I objected to. I was so irritated by her that I was absolutely not interested by the end of the interview. Besides, that visit to New York was so terrible, I took it as a sign. I feel just as badly about Cornell.

Wow, I am surprised you withdrew. But your reasons make sense. Hey maybe it'll get one of us into the accepted pile. Just curious, what did your interviewer say that made you so angry?
 

PhotoMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2004
460
1
NYC
Status
Medical Student
ajt2003 said:
Sarah, you totally rock.

Um, speaking of envelopes, do acceptances come in large or small one?!

Since we're obsessing, I'd thought I'd be that guy.
I love that guy!
 

sweatybrain

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2004
402
1
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Bump.

Nothing in the mail today though. And I only live like 30 minutes away from the school. Come on, give it to me, P&S!!

next week is going to be a monster week for a lot of us. I'm expecting to hear from P&S, Duke, NU (rejection pendind, of course), Wash U, and possibly HMS. :scared:

Hello vodka, good bye sleep.
 

Mateodaspy

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2004
531
1
Boston, MA
Status
sweatybrain said:
Bump.

Nothing in the mail today though. And I only live like 30 minutes away from the school. Come on, give it to me, P&S!!

next week is going to be a monster week for a lot of us. I'm expecting to hear from P&S, Duke, NU (rejection pendind, of course), Wash U, and possibly HMS. :scared:

Hello vodka, good bye sleep.
HMS probably won't be sending theirs out until the following week ~March 8.
 

ajt2003

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2004
585
2
Status
sweatybrain said:
Bump.

Nothing in the mail today though. And I only live like 30 minutes away from the school. Come on, give it to me, P&S!!

next week is going to be a monster week for a lot of us. I'm expecting to hear from P&S, Duke, NU (rejection pendind, of course), Wash U, and possibly HMS. :scared:
Can't speak for the rest of the schools, but I just (purposefully) ran into Dean Frantz - he confirmed that Columbia's letters will be mailed on Tuesday.

And he had little to no idea who I was.

That CANNOT be a good sign...especially since he was my interviewer. D'oh.

Anyways...best of luck, all!
 

bidster

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
May 29, 2003
352
0
35
Visit site
Status
ajt2003 said:
Can't speak for the rest of the schools, but I just (purposefully) ran into Dean Frantz - he confirmed that Columbia's letters will be mailed on Tuesday.

And he had little to no idea who I was.

That CANNOT be a good sign...especially since he was my interviewer. D'oh.

Anyways...best of luck, all!
thanks for the info ajt!!! :) Now I can commence wondering how long it takes a letter to go from ny to ga....
 

PhotoMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2004
460
1
NYC
Status
Medical Student
Do you think we are allowed to call on Tuesday or is that pushing it? Will Columbia spill the beans over the phone?
 

bidster

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
May 29, 2003
352
0
35
Visit site
Status
PhotoMD said:
Do you think we are allowed to call on Tuesday or is that pushing it? Will Columbia spill the beans over the phone?
I would try giving it till the weekend before calling....that, and some admissions offices are wary of delivering any decision info over the phone anyway because they can't verify your identity. One admissions officer at another school was telling us about how there have been some ugly instances of applicants using the phone and pretending to be other applicants so they could extract decision information on them (particularly bad with waitlist/acceptances as you don't want your spot dropped without you knowing).
 

pjm

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2004
136
0
NYC
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm pretty certain that Columbia will not disclose anything on the phone. You'll have to wait for your envelope.
 

curiouslygeorge

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2003
119
0
NoCal
Visit site
Status
PhotoMD said:
Do you think we are allowed to call on Tuesday or is that pushing it? Will Columbia spill the beans over the phone?
You can be the guinea pig! :laugh: I am waiting until Friday to call. I am not that far away but will give the pony express the benefit of the doubt.
 

PhotoMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2004
460
1
NYC
Status
Medical Student
curiouslygeorge said:
You can be the guinea pig! :laugh: I am waiting until Friday to call. I am not that far away but will give the pony express the benefit of the doubt.
I'm not going to lie to you. I'm friggin' nervous. This won't help me on my virology midterm friday.