When asking for non-science LOR, does a psychology professor count?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LTUbluedevil

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
One of the schools that I received a secondary app from asked for a non-science LOR. I have good relationships with all my professors, but my psychology professor knows me pretty well and if possible I would like to ask them to write a letter for me. Would this count as a non-science letter?

Members don't see this ad.

One of the schools that I received a secondary app from asked for a non-science LOR. I have good relationships with all my professors, but my psychology professor knows me pretty well and if possible I would like to ask them to write a letter for me. Would this count as a non-science letter?
What is the professor's department affiliation? What is the title of the course you took with this professor? If you have any reason to think the class might have crossed a line into BIO, then also include the course description from the online catalog.

What is the professor's department affiliation? What is the title of the course you took with this professor? If you have any reason to think the class might have crossed a line into BIO, then also include the course description from the online catalog.
I have had 4 courses with her: introductory and developmental psychology may cross somewhat into biology, but I also had this professor for organizational and industrial psychology courses as well. She is an adjuct faculty for the humanities and social sciences department

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
She is I have had 4 courses: introductory and developmental psychology may cross somewhat into biology, but I also had this professor for organizational and industrial psychology courses as well. She is an adjunct faculty for the humanities and social sciences department
Almost definitely will be considered a Non-science. Psychology courses are not BCPM and are not counted in your BCPM GPA by AMCAS.

Reactions: 1 user
I have had 4 courses with her: introductory and developmental psychology may cross somewhat into biology, but I also had this professor for organizational and industrial psychology courses as well. She is an adjuct faculty for the humanities and social sciences department
I think you'll be fine using this prof for a non science faculty letter.

Reactions: 1 user