Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

When Can I send in Transcripts????

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by poof0078, Apr 19, 2004.

1. poof0078

poof0078 Junior Member

Does anyone out there know when most med schools start accepting transcripts for new applicants. If so, do the transcripts have to be from the end of my junior year or can I send transcripts in that only go up to Fall of my junior year. I am a bit aprehensive about this sememsters grades so I want them to see an unblemished transcript. I am applying this summer for the first time so any help would be much appreciated!!! THANKS!! :D

2. CarerraGT

CarerraGT Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

if medical schools use the AMCAS (a few handful dont), then you will not be sending your transcripts to the individual schools - Once you sign up for the AMCAS application and fill out most of it (i believe you need to write institutional information), you will get an option to print for transcript request. Print that out and highlight the important directions you want the registrar to follow. Those will go straight to AMCAS - not the individual medical schools. Personally, I suggest that you get your transcripts in ASAP (as soon as you can get the form printed out from the application). This way, you can continue to work on ur application while your transcripts are being sent over. By the time you get done, your transcripts will be there and your file will be complete.

I know of some people that sent out their primary, then filed for the transcripts which delayed the application another month - so definitely get that in ASAP

3. Syranope2

Syranope2 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

just a note - once you get accepted to a school, they will usually ask for a copy of your transcript. in that case, they will typically ask you to wait until you've finished your senior year and your transcript is complete. you won't have to worry about those things until about a year from now. for now, you just need to submit your transcript to amcas, the sooner the better.