When can I stop submitting secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JAK2-STAT3

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am complete at 16 schools and plan to submit to 3 more this weekend. This includes all my state/local schools plus all the other schools I am genuinely excited about. I turned in the majority of my secondaries at or before 2 weeks. I have one interview invite to an OOS school. Am I shooting myself in the foot calling it good with 19 schools or do I really need to submit to 25+? I work full time and have no idea how people on here are submitting to 40 schools. I'm ORM, cGPA 3.87, sGPA 3.79, 517, VA resident.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not too burnt out, just tired lol

Here's my list:
EVMS
UVA
VA Tech
VCU
GW
Georgetown
IU (ties)
U MN (ties)
WVU (interview)
Harvard
Yale
Mayo
Case
Duke
Vandy
U MI
Wake
Vermont
Kaiser

ECs:
Clinical: 1000+ hr paid+volunteer
Non-clinical volunteering: 450+
Top quartile CASPER
6,000+ hr research
3 pubs

What schools are remaining? It was good you covered your state schools. You could take a few days off to rest before picking back up.

What schools are remaining? It was good you covered your state schools. You could take a few days off to rest before picking back up.
On the above list, only Kaiser, Vermont, and Duke (which I am told is not rolling) are remaining. I have also been sitting on Tulane and MCW for over a month and am not sure it's worth it to submit at this point. I would be thrilled to attend one of my state schools.

You should really just finish them unless they’re high reaches
Sigh, ok. I am definitely going to finish Duke, Vermont, and Kaiser. Tulane and MCW don’t feel worth it but I guess I need to finish what I started

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
On the above list, only Kaiser, Vermont, and Duke (which I am told is not rolling) are remaining. I have also been sitting on Tulane and MCW for over a month and am not sure it's worth it to submit at this point. I would be thrilled to attend one of my state schools.
Don't submit Tulane since the interviews used to go out fast in prior years. Duke is a very long one if you want to avoid that.

Kaiser matriculated 22 of 6409 OOS applicants.
I don't see anything in your post that indicates that you are what they are looking for.
Don't submit Tulane since the interviews used to go out fast in prior years. Duke is a very long one if you want to avoid that.
Thanks for the replies! I have Duke ~85% done so I will finish that. But I'll scratch Tulane and Kaiser, which will help.

Reactions: 1 users
Ok everyone, how does this list look?

Complete at:
EVMS
UVA
VA Tech
VCU
GW
Georgetown
IU (ties)
U MN (ties)
WVU (interview)
Harvard
Yale
Mayo
Case
Vandy
U MI
Wake

Finish Secondaries:
Duke
Vermont (just received)

Submit primary/finish secondaries by Labor Day:
Tufts
Jefferson
Rochester
Brown

Link to WAMC post: Nontrad 3.86 517 ORM WAMC/list help

Ok everyone, how does this list look?

Complete at:
EVMS
UVA
VA Tech
VCU
GW
Georgetown
IU (ties)
U MN (ties)
WVU (interview)
Harvard
Yale
Mayo
Case
Vandy
U MI
Wake

Finish Secondaries:
Duke
Vermont (just received)

Submit primary/finish secondaries by Labor Day:
Tufts
Jefferson
Rochester
Brown

Link to WAMC post: Nontrad 3.86 517 ORM WAMC/list help
I would go ahead and submit MCW. Pretty good school and I think you're in their target zone.

Reactions: 1 user