When DAT should be taken?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JRMDR

7+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I actually just asked this question last week but I wanted to clarify, Im a hunior this year and i wanted to be part of the 2004 class. I wanted to know when I need to take the DATs. I have taken Bio1, Bio2, and chem1. I plan on taken the rest of the prereqs but when would it be right to take the DATs.

Members don't see this ad.

It's best to take the DAT in June or July of 2003. Many people take them in Sept or Oct (maybe later), but the earlier your application is complete including DAT scores sent in, the better.

Grab the Kaplan DAT book on sale in B&N/Borders. Basically, once you understand that book backwards and forwards you are read to sit for the DAT. I would strongly recommend taking the rest of your general chem, at least the first semester of organic, and physiology if you have the chance before the DAT. Then you can finish any remaning requirements your senior yr. Hope this helps.

It truly helped out so much, thanks so much for your advice!!! I feel so good that I have another yr to study!