When did you Apply to Med School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lvsseasand

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have read a great deal now on these forums about Post-Bacc programs,and that seems like the route that I will be going....but I wanted to know from those on this forum that completed a 1 year Post-Bacc program...(1) When did you take the MCAT? ....and (2)After getting your scores, when did you apply and (3) of course pending acceptance....when will you start your 1st year of med school?

Thanx Ahead of Time for the Info:)

Members don't see this ad.

I completed a summer course, a full fall semester, and took a full spring semester of classes as a post bacc after being out of school for 10 years. It had been 15 years since I had taken the prereqs, so I had to study a lot from Christmas break until the April MCAT.

I made the mistake of submitting my AMCAS application in mid September, which actually is really late in the process. Even though the applications say the deadlines are in November, December you are really setting yourself up for rejection so submit your AMCAS at the latest in July, but June is better.

I probably won't start med school until next year as my application hasn't been received well and if I get an interview it will only be for waitlists.

I will be applying to DO schools...esp...AZCOM...since I live here in Arizona and plus I really like this school....I have quite a long year ahead of me...& my plans are to complete a 1year Post-Bacc, take the MCAT next April,then skip the glide year:rolleyes:What do you think?....

Thanx Again for the Advice and Good Luck to You!