When did you decide on specialty?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A 30 second search will show that he's going into surgery. Let's move on now.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm still laughing at the "maintaining anonymity" part. It's not like surgery is THAT small.

I'm still laughing at the "maintaining anonymity" part. It's not like surgery is THAT small.

No, but when you have 1500 posts to your name and you're going on interviews for residency and such, you'll start to realize just how small it can indeed seem, and how easy it actually is, seemingly against all odds, for people to identify you in person based on your online persona.

I suppose, but the field of medicine is not THAT small...

It's small enough that OfficeDepot regularly deletes all of his posts to scrub his online presence. I think that approach to privacy is reasonable.

No, but when you have 1500 posts to your name and you're going on interviews for residency and such, you'll start to realize just how small it can indeed seem, and how easy it actually is, seemingly against all odds, for people to identify you in person based on your online persona.

Exactly.