When did you join SDN?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bookfreak89

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am procrastinating on writing my thesis/paper/studying for a midterm. I joined when I was a senior in high school (2006), but I didn't actively start posting until recently (senior in college, lol). Yup, I am a lurker. :rolleyes:

When did you join?

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, 89 posts in almost 4 years.. You are a lurker!! :hungover:

I joined during the application cycle. Had never heard of SDN before that.

I joined before applying to med schools. I've come full circle!

Members don't see this ad :)
I joined after my junior year of college, shortly after sending out my med school apps.

I admire your posting restraint. I've become addicted to SDN.

Freshman year! :D
I remember I searched something reallllllly lame (in retrospect) and it led to this website
something along the lines of "shadowing? :confused:"
:laugh:

May 08, so I was a junior in high school. I had gone on SDN before that but didn't make an account because most of the information here wasn't that relevant to me then.

I joined right before I took the MCAT and at the beginning of the application cycle for me.

After Fall semester, junior year.

I had just gotten my first round of straight A's, was feeling good about bringing my GPA up, and saw that this forum had a section called "What are my chances?" and thought I'd share my app stats with people and see what others thought.

Um, yeah, it still wasn't too encouraging.

Almost two and a half years later though? Accepted!

I was reading the forums on and off for a couple of years, but I finally joined during my application cycle July of 2009. It and fb are my favorite computer places to be. they should have like a SDN reunion that would be fun. :laugh:

Summer before my freshman year of college. Yeah...it was early, but SDN has been so helpful. :)

When I had a really boring summer job trying to get clinical experience (it failed), I came across SDN. I joined in the summer after my freshman year, July 2007.

I forgot about the website for a year and a half, briefly visiting around August 2008 MCAT time, and began actively posting sometime late 2008 or early 2009.

<--- ;)

(July 2009)

Oh! I obviously did not realize that the Join Date is posted right there when I created this thread! Thanks for pointing that out. ;)
But, you know, you could have also read the posts above yours and followed by example. :idea:

Members don't see this ad :)
A few months after I had decided, definitely, on medical school as opposed to another healthcare-related career.

Shortly after surveying the scorched wreckage of my crashed cocoon, I remember saying "---- it! Medical school is surely a more fruitful pursuit than that of organized villainy!"

Shortly after, I logged onto the SDN and learned that my years devoted to mastering the intricacies of chicanery don't count as research. Nor can I get a decent LOR from GCI.

I joined after I deemed it necessary that SDN witness my sexiness.

2005 - near the end of my freshman year of college.

When I was bored @work. Kind of like now only a year or so ago.

I was a junior in high school, I've been a lurker ever since (now I'm a freshman in college). I guess now's as good a time as any to introduce myself! :)

Yay! i'm the earliest joiner here!

I joined my sophomore year of high school, though I barely posted. When I felt I new enough to start contributing and posting, I deleted my account ( I had my real name in my username :eek:) and made this one...

Nor can I get a decent LOR from GCI.

Seriously? That sucks. Bowie writes spectacular LORs. Then again, you were unofficial for a really long time...then couldn't be bothered to not murder your assignments. You kinda brought it upon yourself...

As for me, I joined in the middle of my MCAT study summer. I post sporadically, but I can't be bothered to keep up with most of the longer, faster moving threads (the Class of 2014 thread is beyond my ability to stick with lol).

Last edited: