When did you start?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gibsonjeffrey

---->*On a roll*
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel that I am starting a little to soon but I can say that my focus is crystal clear. I know what I want and I am going for it. I am just getting a feel for when everyone else started there pre med work? MCAT prep, LORs, Volunteer work, and personal statements.

Members don't see this ad.

Start off by telling us how early you're starting. Are you in high school? That is early, but not bad. It's good you know what you want and your going for it. I am too.:D

I started beginning/middle of my sophomore year (which was Sept of last year) and I started on my volunteering looking into school activities I want to do

Lets see I have constantly volunteered somewhere since I was 12 but I would say the "pre-med volunteer work" was Spring of freshman year

MCAT prep- did some junior year fall and now in junior year spring I am really studying for my may test date

LOR- I have asked my advisor about it- I will be emailing professors and setting up interfolio for letters mid-March with hopes of having everything together by the end of May.

Shadowing- I started pursing it as a freshman- it finally happened as a junior lol... so I did stuff with my general physician and then after 6 months of paperwork/red tape I did sub-specialty work in my desired field

PS- will be writing over spring break most likely

I guess that is all I have wanted to be physician since I was 7 years old. So technically I have been working toward it from then lol. I have papers I wrote on heart function, cancer, etc ranging from 2nd-senior year.

Members don't see this ad :)
wow this just may be the dullest thread ever.

Dudes, I decided last minute to be premed, prepared for 3 months, applied and got in.
Chillax man.

My dad was a doctor, so I guess it was always somewhere in the back of my mind. I didn't actually consider it as a possible career path until mid-freshman or early sophomore year of college. I had started taking the pre-reqs and found that I really liked them. If they hadn't worked out, I would've just stuck with my psychobiology major and gone into research I guess.

My dad was a doctor, so I guess it was always somewhere in the back of my mind. I didn't actually consider it as a possible career path until mid-freshman or early sophomore year of college. I had started taking the pre-reqs and found that I really liked them. If they hadn't worked out, I would've just stuck with my psychobiology major and gone into research I guess.

X2, except I hated my prereqs. I didnt really like what I was doing coursewise until upper division stuff hit. I started researching spring sophomore year in the Dept. of Surgery and I got to shadow and do other little things. The first time I went into the OR I knew that I would never have a desk job.

I took a prep class for the MCAT from feb and took it in May. The test isnt as bad as everybody says it is- we dont have to prepare as much as people do for step 1...which is 10x harder than the MCAT.

I have spent the last 6 years in the USMC (so no I am not in high school) I am lucky to have 100% tuition assistance right now being on active duty so I am a part time student with a transfer agreement to UCSD Should be transfering late next year to finish BS in Human Biology. I have the help of 2 of our doctors that are preping me in everyway for the MCATs, interviews and personal statements it is a true blessing and if I am accepted I will owe them at least my right arm. I just dont want to get to ahead of myself. Is there anyone currently at UCSD in the human Biology program that could give me some insight on what I should expect.