When did you submit primary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

When did you submit primary?

• Early June

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • Late June

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • July

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • August

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Later than August

Votes: 6 7.4%

• Total voters

starflower

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to decide whether or not it would work to take the MCAT on May 31. I would like to submit my primary asap. However, I don't want to take the MCAT before 2nd semester physics (Christmas), and I don't want to take it during right before spring semester finals. Thanks for your comments.

Members don't see this ad.

Well when are your finals? What will the grading time be for CBT? A month? 1.5 months?

I can tell you now that most schools usually don't even look at your application until sometime in July and many in late July. (So don't worry about it). What I do recommend is that you have your transcripts in as soon as possible. You can also get your LORs ready. (Those are the things that slow things down). You can submit your AMCAS whenever you want with or without the MCAT score in. I'm assuming you want to see your score first, but I would recommend that you apply to one school and have that AMCAS done and submitted. You can add schools whenever you want after that.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about taking the MCAT on May 31. I would get my scores a month later, so would I be late at all? If I turned everything in late June, would schools get my application right away?

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about taking the MCAT on May 31. I would get my scores a month later, so would I be late at all? If I turned everything in late June, would schools get my application right away?

Late June is fine, although I'm not sure how the flow of applications will change due to the many MCATs offered starting next year. Schools don't get your AMCAS until AMCAS has verified your grades with your official transcript, which can take a couple weeks to more than a month. However, schools can find out that you applied to them prior to AMCAS verification. Some schools send out secondaries immediately, while most wait for verification.