When do dental schools actually look at your app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vcuchic

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I remember I saw this exact question back in the day, but I couldn't remember the answer to it~
So here it goes again... :rolleyes:

When do dental schools actually look at your AADSAS app?

I am about to finish the AADSAS application, but I heard that it doesn't really matter if you send it in now or in a month, because they don't look at it until it is completely finished.
Completely finished as in you have already taken your DATs.
I plan to take my DATs early July...so should I send in my AADSAS app after I take my DATs or now?
Thanks
:D

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I remember I saw this exact question back in the day, but I couldn't remember the answer to it~
So here it goes again... :rolleyes:

When do dental schools actually look at your AADSAS app?

I am about to finish the AADSAS application, but I heard that it doesn't really matter if you send it in now or in a month, because they don't look at it until it is completely finished.
Completely finished as in you have already taken your DATs.
I plan to take my DATs early July...so should I send in my AADSAS app after I take my DATs or now?
Thanks
:D

Never hurts to send it in early. Last year it took AADSAS a while before the dental schools received it. From what I know, your app isn't complete until your DAT scores are in, AADSAS application received, and any supplemental info (like 2x2 photographs or money orders) are received for that particular school.

Last year, I remember people receiving interview invitations without having their DAT scores submitted yet, so it's worth submitting early.