When do I send LOR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

juan7677

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering when I should send out my letter of recommedations. I plan to use my school's (UCLA) LOR Service to send my letters to the dental schools. So should i wait until AADSAS sends my application to the schools and then send my letters OR should i just send the letters now?

Also, I submitted my application on June 23. Does anyone know how long it'll take for AADSAS to process and mail my application?

Members don't see this ad.

juan,

I would have your letters of recommendation sent out as soon as possible. The schools will be fine receiving them before receiving your AADSAS application.

The AADSAS questions is a tricky one. I would venture to guess that your batch will be processed and sent out to the schools about 3 weeks from now. I would say that your application will be in the second or third batch.

The first batch that AADSAS sends out will only include those who submitted their applications during the first week (June 3-7). That first batch still has not been sent out yet, but the word is that AADSAS really wants to get it sent out prior to the 4th of July -- so early next week should be the time. Of course, we've been hearing this for several weeks now.

Good luck!
-G

Thanks Gavin.

I have some more questions. I was wondering how many applicants are in the first batch? Last year this guy i know applied in middle of june and was still in the first batch (his AADSAS # was 550). But from what I read on this board, it seems like there's already 2000 applicants who submitted their applications. Is there this many ppl already or am i wrong? it just seems that there's too many ppl. Cuz last year my friend applied in early july and his number was around a 1000.