1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

When do I send LOR?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by juan7677, Jun 28, 2002.

1. juan7677

juan7677 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm wondering when I should send out my letter of recommedations. I plan to use my school's (UCLA) LOR Service to send my letters to the dental schools. So should i wait until AADSAS sends my application to the schools and then send my letters OR should i just send the letters now?

Also, I submitted my application on June 23. Does anyone know how long it'll take for AADSAS to process and mail my application?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    juan,

I would have your letters of recommendation sent out as soon as possible. The schools will be fine receiving them before receiving your AADSAS application.

The AADSAS questions is a tricky one. I would venture to guess that your batch will be processed and sent out to the schools about 3 weeks from now. I would say that your application will be in the second or third batch.

The first batch that AADSAS sends out will only include those who submitted their applications during the first week (June 3-7). That first batch still has not been sent out yet, but the word is that AADSAS really wants to get it sent out prior to the 4th of July -- so early next week should be the time. Of course, we've been hearing this for several weeks now.

Good luck!
    -G

4. juan7677

juan7677 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks Gavin.

I have some more questions. I was wondering how many applicants are in the first batch? Last year this guy i know applied in middle of june and was still in the first batch (his AADSAS # was 550). But from what I read on this board, it seems like there's already 2000 applicants who submitted their applications. Is there this many ppl already or am i wrong? it just seems that there's too many ppl. Cuz last year my friend applied in early july and his number was around a 1000.