SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

when do I sign the MPN

Discussion in 'Financial Aid' started by gellybean, Jun 10, 2002.

1. gellybean

gellybean Member 7+ Year Member

May 31, 2001
    I am on University of Cincinnati's waiting list and they just sent me financial aid materials. One of the forms that I must turn in is the Master Promissory Note. Do I sign this without even knowing how much aid I will be getting? Do I access the MPN from the website of my future lender. Please help...I am very confused!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. LoanGrl

LoanGrl Member 7+ Year Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Kirksville, MO
    You should go ahead and sign the MPN and send it in, assuming that is the lender that you ultimately want to borrow from. Whatever lender you decide on, go ahead and fill out your paperwork and turn it in to your FAO. When you are accepted, you will already have the road paved for your loans.
    You will be in control of how much you borrow, because before the school can certify and guarantee your loan, they have to send you an award letter telling you how much they will allow you to borrow, which you will sign as it is, or modify and send back. So the control remains in your hands. :)