when do interview offers stop coming in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tufts02

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
what is the general timetable for interview offers? ive gotten 5 but i applie to 18 schools. i just haven't heard anything after being notified that my apps are complete. if i don't hear from them soon do i assume that im just gonna get a rejection letter?

Members don't see this ad.

I've also gotten 5 interviews, 1 rejection and nothing from 10 schools. By now, I've almost written the others off, only because my application has been complete for two, almost three months. I know you can still get late winter/spring interviews, but I'll probably weigh my chances carefully if I'm offered one later. I doubt I'd be willing to shell out the dough for a flight if I'm competing to be on someone's waitlist.

I think some schools interview very late into the Spring. One of my friends at RWJ said that last year their school was still interviewing in late June!

Members don't see this ad :)
That late June interview was an abberation, most likely due to the AMCAS fiasco from last year. With AMCAS running much more smoothly this year, I can't imagine any school still interviewing that late this year.

Originally posted by tufts02
what is the general timetable for interview offers? ive gotten 5 but i applie to 18 schools. i just haven't heard anything after being notified that my apps are complete. if i don't hear from them soon do i assume that im just gonna get a rejection letter?

don't worry about when you interivew. i was on the last day of interviews at a med school and still got in (the offer came in janurary and i interviewed in feb).

tufts02!

I am assuming you go/went to tufts? What was your major? I got my B.S. there in 1999! Hello Jumbos! Whats the news from the hill? If you didnt go to tufts....how come the name? How are applications and interviews going? If you are applying to texas, give me a holler.

later,
-Z

whats up man, yea i graduated this past may and i majored in biology and child development...not too much goin on at tufts...i actually live in davis square so i drop by the burren for old times sake from time to time. are you in med school now? i just had my tufts interview last tuesdsay...went really well...played the double jumbo card haha...GO JUMBOS!

ooh ooh, I can name that SDNer in 1 post, Wink.

02!

My best guess is that all the schools I'm still waiting on looked at my application back in August when my file was complete, and then put it in the pile of folks to look at again later after they'd checked out all the August MCATers coming through the pipe in October. When they return to that stack early in the new year, then I'll get my rejection or my late season interview.

Unfortunately, those late season interviews are almost certainly more likely to be a waste of money....

Hey guys,
I have only gotten 2 interviews (MSTP) so far. I haven't heard from Columbia (MSTP), Penn (MSTP), George Washington, Yale(MSTP), Stanford (MSTP), Jefferson, Tufts, UCI (for a secondary!), UCLA (for a secondary!), Mount Sinai (MSTP), NYU (MSTP). All app's have been complete for at least 3 months! Not a good sign, I know. I hate this waiting game, if I'm rejected I would like to know ASAP so I can move on from checking my email, voice mail, and mailbox like a freak everyday.