When do LORs need to be submitted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TooMuchResearch

i'm goin' to Kathmandu...
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be working closely with a couple of docs over the summer. I already know them and could probably get LORs from them now, but they would presumably be better if I waited.

Do LORs typically need to be submitted prior to submitting secondaries? If not, then when are they submitted? For schools using the AMCAS letter service, when should letters be submitted?

Members don't see this ad.

Really depends on the school. I think a good rule of thumb is to have them ready to go by the time you are completing secondaries as most of the schools I applied to this year wanted letters with your secondary app. Some schools are different though (especially those that cut out some of the applicant pool before sending out secondaries). Look up the admissions websites of the schools you are interested in - they should have pretty specific information. Good luck!

Really depends on the school. I think a good rule of thumb is to have them ready to go by the time you are completing secondaries as most of the schools I applied to this year wanted letters with your secondary app. Some schools are different though (especially those that cut out some of the applicant pool before sending out secondaries). Look up the admissions websites of the schools you are interested in - they should have pretty specific information. Good luck!