when do most people get their interviews out of the way?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

banana5

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m going to have a year off before med. school and I’d like to work somewhere abroad. The biggest thing keeping me from doing it is that I’d need to be around for interviews (hopefully). A compromise could be to work some boring job for 6/however many months, get the interviews out of the way, then go work abroad and travel the rest of the year.

Is this feasible? How many people are done interviewing around Jan/Feb? I keep hearing people talk about traveling during the year off but unless you’re done interviewing, how is that possible?

Members don't see this ad.

If you apply early you can expect the bulk of your interviews to come from august to november or december....so you can probably get by traveling from january to july.

My first MD interview was Oct. 3rd. My last MD interview (and the one to which I was accepted) was April 8th.

All my secondaries were in about the same time, as early as possible (september, perhaps?)