when do non-rolling med schools announce decisions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SharpieMarker

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
when do non-rolling med schools announce decisions? Is it sometime March? Is there a general date that most med schools will announce their decisions? And I mean, aside from wait-lists and such.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think schools have to have given out at least one class worth of acceptances by March 15th. NYU sends out their decisions on March 3rd, and I imagine that other schools are around that date as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think schools have to have given out at least one class worth of acceptances by March 15th. NYU sends out their decisions on March 3rd, and I imagine that other schools are around that date as well.

From AAMC guidelines for med schools:

"By March 30 of the matriculation year, each school have issued a number of offers of acceptance at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and have reported those acceptance actions to the AAMC Section for Medical School Application Services."

http://www.aamc.org/students/applying/policies/admissionofficers.htm

From AAMC guidelines for med schools:

"By March 30 of the matriculation year, each school have issued a number of offers of acceptance at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and have reported those acceptance actions to the AAMC Section for Medical School Application Services."

http://www.aamc.org/students/applying/policies/admissionofficers.htm

Well, I knew it was in March, and I couldn't find it when I went to look it up. Thanks Phoenix.

Columbia - March 2nd
Cornell - March (according to e-mail they sent me, but it seems they've already accepted people)
Duke - March 1st
Harvard - Feb 29th
NYU - March 1st
UPenn - March 15th
Yale - March 15th

Those are the only non-rolling schools I've applied to, sorry for the incomplete list.

And May 15th is the date that people with multiple acceptances have to have it down to one right?

Yea, May 15th is the last possible date that applicants can hold more than 1 acceptance.