Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

When do people get taken off wait-list

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DrPsychiatry, May 8, 2007.

1. DrPsychiatry

DrPsychiatry Go Angels!

Medical Student
    By the end of June I am guessing?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lilnoelle

Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    well, its possible to be taken off the waitlist all the way through the school's orientation. I don't know when the highest proportion of individuals who are accepted off the waitlist recieve their acceptance but I'm guessing its by the end of June. There is usually a large move in the waitlist already before the end of May (depending on how quickly the schools in question start filling their spots that were left open May 15th.

There was a thread about this a while back that indicated each year a few individuals that were on the waitlist for a few specific schools (not sure which ones that do this) would show up for orientation even though they were still on the waitlist and if students that were supposed to attend that year didn't show up for orientation they were replaced by the individuals in the back of the room.

4. whatintheworld?

whatintheworld? New Member

Medical Student
    I have heard most waitlist movement occurs between May 15th and June 15th. However, at interviews I have met people taken off the waitlist 2 wks before orientation.