when do ppl normally take step2?

coconut lime

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2003
    i'm an m2 trying to plan a wedding in the next 2 years, and i'm just wondering when during the 4th year ppl normally take step 2? also, how much time should be dedicated to studying? if i am planning to take off the month of july for a wedding and honeymoon (~ 2wks), will the additional 2 weeks be enough time to study? thanks!

puffy1

10+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Dec 6, 2000
      Generally speaking, I think people who didn't do as well as they wanted on Step 1 take it early (before October) so they can hopefully post a better score to submit residency applications. The ones that scored well on Step 2 take it later...

BUT, some residency programs require that you have both scores in tow before you apply.

Speaking for myself, I plan on taking it fairly early (between late June and August).

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.