When do programs submit their lists to ERAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sophiejane

Exhausted
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming it's before we submit our ROL, but wasn't sure...

Anyone know?

Members don't see this ad.

Same date as student ROL's are due, Feb 21. That being said, most PD's have learned that the ranking system gets very slow 48 hours prior to the deadline, and thus get their lists in a week early or so.

most PD's have learned that the ranking system gets very slow 48 hours prior to the deadline, and thus get their lists in a week early or so.

so the same should be said about the candidates lists? get it confirm a week early or so?

You can confirm it this monday.....

And just because it is confirmed, doesn't mean you cant change it before the deadline... just gotta reconfirm it after you change it.

Same date as student ROL's are due, Feb 21. That being said, most PD's have learned that the ranking system gets very slow 48 hours prior to the deadline, and thus get their lists in a week early or so.

So...at the risk of asking you to divulge top secret info...does the selection committee rank as they go throughout the season, then make a final list toward the end?

Do people's rankings ever change from their initial position?

You can confirm it this monday.....

And just because it is confirmed, doesn't mean you cant change it before the deadline... just gotta reconfirm it after you change it.

Just remember that confirm != certify. Don't forget to do both. I had my list entered and finalized shortly after my last interview and then made sure to certify it at least a week before the deadline.

Just remember that confirm != certify. Don't forget to do both. I had my list entered and finalized shortly after my last interview and then made sure to certify it at least a week before the deadline.

Right i think i ment certify not confirm (who are we confirming with anyway...) Thanks for the correction.

So...at the risk of asking you to divulge top secret info...does the selection committee rank as they go throughout the season, then make a final list toward the end?

Do people's rankings ever change from their initial position?

I expect that different programs do things differently, so I'm not sure that there's any one answer to this. Positions on the list are definitely affected by interviews.

Right i think i ment certify not confirm (who are we confirming with anyway...) Thanks for the correction.

It wasn't a correction. You can do both things. Confirm means that it saves the list as you've entered it. Certify means you've sent it off and can no longer change it. If you have a confirmed, non-certified list @ ROL deadline, I believe (I can't remember for sure right now) it automagically becomes certified at deadline time. Honestly the more I talk about it the more pedantic it seems.

Short story: A changed but non-confirmed list is not changed, if you want your list saved, confirm it. A confirmed list can be changed, a certified list is your "final answer" and cannot be changed.

It wasn't a correction. You can do both things. Confirm means that it saves the list as you've entered it. Certify means you've sent it off and can no longer change it. If you have a confirmed, non-certified list @ ROL deadline, I believe (I can't remember for sure right now) it automagically becomes certified at deadline time. Honestly the more I talk about it the more pedantic it seems.

Short story: A changed but non-confirmed list is not changed, if you want your list saved, confirm it. A confirmed list can be changed, a certified list is your "final answer" and cannot be changed.

You can change your rank list any time whatever you did (confirm or certify) till the dead time with no problem. If you forget to certify it the match will send you email to remind you. You can call the match to be 100% sure that you did the right thing with your list before the dead time. In case you change your list you shoud certify it each time because the system will not retain old one. If you forget to certify and the dead time pass you will be automatically withdrawn.

You can change your rank list any time whatever you did (confirm or certify) till the dead time with no problem. If you forget to certify it the match will send you email to remind you. You can call the match to be 100% sure that you did the right thing with your list before the dead time. In case you change your list you shoud certify it each time because the system will not retain old one. If you forget to certify and the dead time pass you will be automatically withdrawn.

I believe mmed is correct. You can change it till the deadline anyway you want even after certification. Let me sum it up.

- You make the list.
- You feel comfortable and certify it.
- 5 minutes later you realize you forgot to add program X.
- You can and do change the list.
- You recertify it.
-
-
- Deadline arrives (that list better be certified by then.)

I think this is as clear as it gets.

Hey everyone, the site just opened today to begin entering our rank list! Exciting! I just certified my list. I ranked 13 programs in OB/GYN. Good luck everyone. It feels good to get it over with!

:luck: