When do secondaries generally come in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hra87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Assuming I submit all my AMCAS stuff on June 1st (the earliest date, right?). I'm trying to figure out when I should make my load heavier (next summer or next fall).

Members don't see this ad.

your secondaries will come in generally as early as the second you submit your AMCAS (a few send secondaries with preliminary amcas information). But for the most part, secondaries will come in within a week after you are verified (takes about 3-5 weeks depending when you submit it. If you submit in June, I've heard stories of people becoming verified within 1-2 weeks). The longest its taken for me personally to receive a secondary after a verified app was somewhere around 2-3 weeks. But by then I had most questions finished for schools, so I could pretty much copy and paste and priority mail it back.

Oh, ok. Thanks. By the way, is there anywhere on sdn where they show you what the traditional secondary essays are for each school?