1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

when do the adcomms buckle down to business?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by tinydancer1987, Jun 5, 2008.

1. tinydancer1987

Do any of you SDNers know when the adcomms actually START the reviewing process? From Predents, it seems like the earliest interviews are at the beginning of September...so maybe they start reading in August?

Anyone have specific info on this? just curious :rolleyes:

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jigabodo

Dentist

Dentist
    Most probably start sometime in August.

Case and Nova probably start sometime in mid July.

UCLA and Tufts probably start sometime in September/October.

4. MnBr63

Dental Student
    don't be discouraged if you don't hear anything for a while, though. a lot of schools don't start interviews until later. You also have to submit a secondary application to many which will take some extra time to review.

5. litldime

Moderator Emeritus

Dental Student
    Yes, definately don't get discouraged from not hearing so soon. I think the adcoms (instructors first) will settle down the incoming class before starting to review apps. I got the bulk of mine in september. I think the schools that start earlier will start reviewing first. Just my opinions.

6. DentAZ

Dental Student
    Probably August...I agree. BUT, don't think that you can delay your application. It is a line that you want to get into ASAP. Most schools have a rolling admissions process, so the sooner the better regardless of when they actually start reviewing applications.

You probably knew that already, anyway. :oops: