When do these schools give you answers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alice

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Someone posted a question about Georgetown on this subject, but I seem to have forgotten when these schools give you verdicts (i.e. if they have rolling admissions, or tell single/series of admit dates (and if so, when those dates are). I was thinking it might be a useful topic in general. My own questions are:

Cornell (first round of admissions in spring - when?)
Duke
Albert Einstein
Tulane (rolling?)
Stony Brook (rolling?)
Dartmouth
Columbia
Stanford (rolling?)
BU (first round in feb?)
Tufts
NYU (rolling?)
UVA
Northwestern

I put what I think their policy is in parentheses. Will someone verify/help me out on this one?
I can't believe that I let these important dates slip out of my mind!! :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

UVA has rolling admissions, I interviewed on Nov 1-2 and they told me I was accepted the next week. I think the UVA adcom meets very often (maybe weekly) to decide who gets accepted).

For Dartmouth, they are also on rolling admissions, but they told me when I interviewed there that they are very careful about who they give their first acceptances to, and that it could be months before I heard back from them. I interviewed on 10/29 and havent heard anything from them yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there,

NYU is rolling. . .
Cornell sends out letters in March. ..
Columbia sends out letters in February.

Hope this helps! :)

Tufts will let you know about 6 weeks after your interview as to whether you have been accepted, put on hold for further review, or rejected. Some people placed on hold (the letter will say "we have reviewed your candidacy but have not yet reached a decision on your application.") will be accepted later on throughout the weeks until May 15, while others will be kept on hold until then and placed on the official Wait List or rejected at that time. FYI, the majority of people who are MD or MD/MPH here came off the waitlist or were put on hold early on and accepted in April or May. So don't lose hope if you get the "hold" letter from Tufts..
Katie/Tufts M'05

Actually Katie, I think the TUSM acceptance policy has changed a bit this year, because of scAMCAS. I interviewed early and they still said- Jan or Feb. Thats 10-15 weeks! Still, 6 would be nice.