When Do You Apply For Neurosurg. Match ? And Do You Receive Your Match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peach4me

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when you apply for match? (what are the deadlines and when do you apply for general surgery (internship) match. Also, I know neurosurg match is before the general match, does anyone know what month? Thanks!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

peach4me said:
Does anyone know when you apply for match? (what are the deadlines and when do you apply for general surgery (internship) match. Also, I know neurosurg match is before the general match, does anyone know what month? Thanks!!!!!

You need to go to the following website: www.sfmatch.org
San Francisco Matching program runs the neurosurgical match. It is considered an early match. Typically you can send in application materials in august/september. Interviews are typically November/December. Match is typically end of january or early february.

You have to register with the NRMP, but do not have to fill out the ERAS application.

After you match into neurosurgery, just "rank" the same program you matched into for neurosurgery as your Prelim-General Surgery preference for the NRMP. You generally dont' have to send in any applications for this position, its typically gauranteed. If you have the option of doing your internship elsewhere and that is your desire, then you need to apply for that position, get permission from the neurosurgery program you matched into, and then MATCH into that prelim spot just like anyone else looking for a pre-lim spot.