when do you finish year two?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tennik

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wondering when different schools finish year two. I don't finish finals until May 14, so to have six weeks for boards I am looking at mid/late June. Is this the norm?

Members don't see this ad.

I finished ~May 20th or so, and third yr started for me right after July 4th. That gave us 7-8 weeks to study, but most only used 4-6 weeks to study and spent the rest of the time on vacation. 6 weeks should be plenty of time. I'd take a few days off before third year starts to decompress too.

we are finished on April 19. however, we also spend a week after doing ACLS, PALS and other small things for like two weeks. After this then we have 3 weeks of Kaplan COMLEX review.Then 2 weeks of study on our own until june 8-9.Im taking USMLE on june 15.

finished may 10th and will take 3 weeks for step 1 study.

that gives me a full 3 weeks before clinical completely off!!

most people i know are taking 3-4 weeks for step 1.

later

Members don't see this ad :)
I finished all material friday, but I have some PBL stuff til May 19th when I am done. The last 2 weeks we are off (May 5th-18th) with a cumulative test on May 19th, and we start up again July 7th.

Was done with organ modules on Feb. 20. I have PBL till April 30, then a clinical "competency" week. Start Kaplan Intense Prep on May 10 till May 30. Take the USMLE on June 5 and start clinical rotations on June 22. Are we the only school that starts third year so early on?:confused:

I finished first week of May, and started my first rotation June 28ish. This year they are instituting some rediculous intro to clinical clerkship 2-week orientation. That means the future classes will finish the first week of May, then start this thing the Monday before July 1, and only get ONE WEEK off for Christmas (oh, but one of the deans tried to tell me how it was really 11 days with weekends -- I walked away from the computer before I replyied that it showed how little she really understood about medical school). And no spring break. Not as big of deal M4 because it's mostly all electives and we can schedule them as we please (except aways, of course).

Last year we had 3 weeks off to study for the boards at LECOM. We took the COMLEX on June 3-4 (something like that) and started rotations the following Monday (which I think was June 9). So we got almost no time at all off between the COMLEX and rotations +pissed+