When do you start asking for LORs in dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheOMSProject

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
To those who are in dental school and plan to specialize, when would it be appropriate to ask for a letter of recommendation from one of your faculty? Is it best to ask one from a faculty member immediately after completing their course?

Also, how do you manage your letters? Interfolio?

Members don't see this ad.

yikes, talk about gunner...OMS Project? Harvard? plotting out letter requests before Day 1 of class?...i'd say you're putting the cart before the horse but it sounds like the horse is already pretty far along. god speed, you goal-oriented ba$****.

yikes, talk about gunner...OMS Project? Harvard? plotting out letter requests before Day 1 of class?...i'd say you're putting the cart before the horse but it sounds like the horse is already pretty far along. god speed, you goal-oriented ba$****.

So asking a question makes me a gunner? Chill out, no need to get your panties in a bunch.
It's a fair question. How do student manage their letters?

Members don't see this ad :)
So asking a question makes me a gunner? Chill out, no need to get your panties in a bunch.
It's a fair question. How do student manage their letters?

relax, i was commending you...i figured you'd be at peace with the word "gunner" given how your username basically announces it to the world.

Asking this question doesn't make you a gunner but it does make you look like you're strapped with these ready for action:

rcp.jpg

this thread has entertained me.

whenever you ask for a letter, i find it best to ask them when you're working with them or as soon as you don't see them that often; just allows you to get the better letter possible. even if you don't need the letter now, just store them for future use.

this thread has entertained me.

whenever you ask for a letter, i find it best to ask them when you're working with them or as soon as you don't see them that often; just allows you to get the better letter possible. even if you don't need the letter now, just store them for future use.

Thanks, I appreciate your response.