• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

When do you start treating patients?

vondy60

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2003
New Orleans, LA
I was curious when other schools start treating patients. The only school I am applying to is LSU, and from what I understand their students have a very good clinical experience. They start treating patients freshmen year, but only cleanings; soph. year they start doing fillings; and junior year they do pretty much everything, like root canals and such; and senior year it is a lot of everything. When do you guys in other dental schools start treating patients?

DcS

damn the red baron
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2002
UNC is the same..summer of 1st year is prophies/scaling, fall 2nd year we start operative (including pedo as well), spring 2nd year we can do fixed pros, summer 2nd year we can do removable, then 3rd year we can do extractions, and pretty much everything else.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.