when do you submit fin. aid app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MiesVanDerMom

D.o. or Die
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
when do you submit your financial aid info and when do you get your package? I'm applying right now and wondering what to expect this spring...winter...errr?

Members don't see this ad.

the financial aid stuff i got came in march and was due in april...then whatever financial aid i got came back to me a few weeks after i got it. the goal is for everyone to have their financial aid info back to them by may 15 to help them make their decisions. based on some of the threads on here, though, that didn't necessarily happen everywhere. i had all my info in hand by the second week of april though.

I generally get mine in as soon as I've finished my taxes. Don't worry about it 'til then!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have my fin. aid "info", but I don't actually have any freaking loan money yet. What's the deal. Stafford won't let me sign the MPN until my school precertifies me. When the hell am I actually going to get my loan money?

MiesVanDerMom said:
when do you submit your financial aid info and when do you get your package? I'm applying right now and wondering what to expect this spring...winter...errr?
I filled out the fafsa in January, got accepted to med school in March, turned in my institutional aid app shortly thereafter, and I STILL don't have my financial aid package yet--no one has. So it depends on the school...