Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

When does AMCAS open for 2014-2015?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by Acylcoa, 01.15.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Acylcoa

Acylcoa 2+ Year Member

Hi guys,

I just wanted to know the date so I can work my MCAT test date around that. Thanks!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. AquiVoy13

AquiVoy13

Pre-Medical
    It will open in early May and you can start submitting it in early June. If needed, you can submit your app without your MCAT and then update it once you get your score. I would look into signing up for a test date relatively soon, as they can fill up quickly.

4. Ismet

Ismet PGY-fun SDN Administrator 5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Verified
    Physician
    You do not need to update AMCAS when you get your score. The score is automatically attached.

5. AquiVoy13

AquiVoy13

Pre-Medical
    ah, you are correct!

6. turayza

turayza 2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    AMCAS has opened for submissions in the first week of June the past three years.
    Your MCAT score will take 30-35 days to be published.
    You can submit your primary without your MCAT (people this cycle have said about 2 weeks for processing) and schools will send secondaries once your MCAT score is in, which happens at the same time you receive your score.

7. DWMontana

DWMontana 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Do be aware that if you submit your primary before receiving your MCAT score and the test doesn't go as well as expected that you will not be able to withdraw your primary application for a refund. At that point, you will just have the run with it. If you are worried about your MCAT, I would try to time it so you get your score before you need to submit your primary.

About the ads