When does AMCAS open for 2014-2015?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Acylcoa

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just wanted to know the date so I can work my MCAT test date around that. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It will open in early May and you can start submitting it in early June. If needed, you can submit your app without your MCAT and then update it once you get your score. I would look into signing up for a test date relatively soon, as they can fill up quickly.

It will open in early May and you can start submitting it in early June. If needed, you can submit your app without your MCAT and then update it once you get your score. I would look into signing up for a test date relatively soon, as they can fill up quickly.

You do not need to update AMCAS when you get your score. The score is automatically attached.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,

I just wanted to know the date so I can work my MCAT test date around that. Thanks!

AMCAS has opened for submissions in the first week of June the past three years.
Your MCAT score will take 30-35 days to be published.
You can submit your primary without your MCAT (people this cycle have said about 2 weeks for processing) and schools will send secondaries once your MCAT score is in, which happens at the same time you receive your score.

Do be aware that if you submit your primary before receiving your MCAT score and the test doesn't go as well as expected that you will not be able to withdraw your primary application for a refund. At that point, you will just have the run with it. If you are worried about your MCAT, I would try to time it so you get your score before you need to submit your primary.