When Does Drexel Start Accepting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

desout777

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone on here heard back from Drexel? Any idea around what date they'll start letting us know?

I interviewed a while back and I'm sick of checking the status page over and over....

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed 10/13 and they told us 6-8 weeks. Call the office and ask, I don't see how it could hurt your chances.

i was verified 9/4 and have yet to receive a secondary. i called like 3 times regarding this, was told to email someone, who has yet to reply. i'm really on the fence on whether i should even pursue this any further, since submitting a secondary now is kind of late anywyas. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
wow gh, I just checked your profile, it looks like we both got the royal shaft by amcas in terms of processing time...Hopefully this doesn't hurt us too bad...
Best of luck

yeha i havnt received a secondary either, what is the deal with this school. :mad: :mad:

I interviewed 10/13 and they told us 6-8 weeks. Call the office and ask, I don't see how it could hurt your chances.

i e-mailed my interviewer last night and she said 4-6 weeks :(

I think Drexel said that they may start sending decisions earlier for earlier interviews (Sept I think?), but I am not sure when that is. Also, I was wondering if anyone knew how they accepted people last year (snail, phone call, email)?

I think Drexel said that they may start sending decisions earlier for earlier interviews (Sept I think?), but I am not sure when that is. Also, I was wondering if anyone knew how they accepted people last year (snail, phone call, email)?

i looked at last year's wall of fame and its all snail mail :(

i looked at last year's wall of fame and its all snail mail :(

I was on the waitlist at Drexel last year but didn't get it. I don't know if they do this during the whole admissions cylce, but those who got off the waitlist at the last minute last year (in the month before classes started) got a phone call from a current Drexel student welcoming them to Drexel before the snail mail even arrived. That may have been because they were last minute acceptances though.

Take it from someone who has been through the process with Drexel, they are SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW! While I applied late last year and my interview was late, I remember reading of people who interviewed in December and January who still hadn't heard anything from Drexel in May! I didn't receive my rejection letter until well after classes had started.

Be patieint and good luck!

has anyone who interviewd at drexel in september tried calling?

I interviewed 9/26 and still haven't heard anything. At the interview we were told that decisions traditionally take 6-8 weeks (or was it 4-6... I can't quite remember) but that since we were interviewing so early that, hopefully, we'd hear back sooner.

I interviewed 9/26 and still haven't heard anything. At the interview we were told that decisions traditionally take 6-8 weeks (or was it 4-6... I can't quite remember) but that since we were interviewing so early that, hopefully, we'd hear back sooner.

I just got my waitlist letter in the mail. I interviewed on 9.29. i didn't interview well so I did not expect different...Oh well...

I interviewed on 9/28. I've been checking my status online obsessively (about 3-5 times a day) and it comes up " decision has not been made" every time. I wrote an email to admissions a few days ago, but still haven't recieved a response. For those of us who interviewed in September, I think thye said the response time would be more like 4 weeks as opposed to 6-8 since we interviewed so early. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got home to a nice rejection letter. A bit of a shock I must say. My stats are at/above their averages and I thought the interview went well. Was a waitlist too much to ask? If I am getting flat out rejed at Drexel I am a little worried about the decisions to come...

Just got home to a nice rejection letter. A bit of a shock I must say. My stats are at/above their averages and I thought the interview went well. Was a waitlist too much to ask? If I am getting flat out rejed at Drexel I am a little worried about the decisions to come...

wow i guess im screwed.. may i ask when u interviewd?

Dude, with your stats I would not even begin to worry about this becoming a pattern. As long as you didn't come across cocky or as if Drexel was a backup for you, I can't see why they would reject someone with your stats.

wow i guess im screwed.. may i ask when u interviewd?

I wouldn't sweat it Rob, this process is wacky, but stuff like that ^ is rare imo

oh man, now I am really anxious. I am in PA, and I interviewed around that time and I haven't gotten anything yet. What do you think that means???

oh man, now I am really anxious. I am in PA, and I interviewed around that time and I haven't gotten anything yet. What do you think that means???

prolly means more good than bad.

It may just mean they send out rejection letters first. Hopefully, no news is good news. Hang in there!

And my sympathies to the OP. I know I'll be right there with you with some of the schools I applied to.

I interviewed at drexel on 9/29. I called them today to get a status check of my application and they said that my file was going to be reviewed today or next week, but more likely today. They then told me that I will be notified of the decision next week or in two weeks.

Dave

I interviewed at drexel on 9/29. I called them today to get a status check of my application and they said that my file was going to be reviewed today or next week, but more likely today. They then told me that I will be notified of the decision next week or in two weeks.

Dave

blargh, i guess that means they won't tell me my ish till december since i interviewd on 10/19 (last thurs!)

Dave
Hey-interviewed that day too. I guess we'll be hearing shortly :luck:

Hmmm yea I interviewed 9/29 too...apparently some of our group already has had a decision made, now I am really getting nervous! I guess it depends on the interviewer? I would really really really love some good news.

I have a much better question...when do the drexel admission people fix their terrible adminstrative system?

I have a much better question...when do the drexel admission people fix their terrible adminstrative system?

QFT. I don't even know what to trust when I log into their system. I had to double-check my files of secondary confirmation e-mails, because they almost had me convinced I hadn't submitted it.

QFT. I don't even know what to trust when I log into their system. I had to double-check my files of secondary confirmation e-mails, because they almost had me convinced I hadn't submitted it.

Tell me about it. On my end it said i had submitted everything by 10/8/06. Yet when i looked at my status it said incomplete for some reason. So i called and asked them what the problem was, what was left, and the lady told me, "oh oops, thats a glitch ill make it complete now", so now, two full weeks later, it says im complete. Be careful about making sure even though its clear youve submitted everything, that the status say "complete".

For the kids with responses from Drexel, did your status page change too or you just got the snail mail letter? I have to shut off my antivirus protection to check the status at Drexel and I don't know if i need to do it as much if its not updated as quickly.
Oh and for the status problems, I had the same trouble but I thought it was because I sent the secondary by snail mail. When I called they fixed it for me right away. So definitely call and see whats up...the office was very helpful for me.

My mom called and said I got a letter from Drexel...rejection :( I didn't even get an interview. I was completed around September 22nd, just received the letter via snail mail today. My stats were around Drexel's average and I would have liked to go there too. I guess maybe it's because I'm a Texas resident? Good luck to everyone else.

My mom called and said I got a letter from Drexel...rejection :( I didn't even get an interview. I was completed around September 22nd, just received the letter via snail mail today. My stats were around Drexel's average and I would have liked to go there too. I guess maybe it's because I'm a Texas resident? Good luck to everyone else.

wow that is ridonkulous.. im sorry to hear that, good luck elsewhere!!

That really sucks. What were your stats, if you don't mind me asking? Just wondering if I should be expecting the same letter.

geez anyone hear GOOD news yet?

geez anyone hear GOOD news yet?

interviewed in september, both interviews were good imo so i have no idea
I think interviewing early can suck cause they might just want to wait and see the rest of the pool :confused:

heres hoping for some good news in the coming months

interviewed in september, both interviews were good imo so i have no idea
I think interviewing early can suck cause they might just want to wait and see the rest of the pool :confused:

heres hoping for some good news in the coming months

good luck! i doubt it'll take months.. atleast i hope not!

I have been hoping every day for some news...but I have been thinking the same thing about interviewing early...doesnt look like good news has gone out just yet. But keeping my fingers crossed for this week!

Screw it - I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what's going on with my app.

EDIT: Just checked my on-line file, and according to them, they still haven't received my secondary. Considering I submitted it (electronically) at the same time as I paid my fees, I'm a little concerned. We'll see what they say tomorrow.

Screw it - I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what's going on with my app.

EDIT: Just checked my on-line file, and according to them, they still haven't received my secondary. Considering I submitted it (electronically) at the same time as I paid my fees, I'm a little concerned. We'll see what they say tomorrow.

Good luck Quix. I had all kinds of problems with my secondary status page (having a slot saying they needed a transcript, being incomplete even though there was a date next to everything after they deleted the transcript box, et cetera), but they eventually got fixed after emailing twice and calling once (The particular person I spoke with on the phone wasn't helpful at all, so it may just depend on who you get).

Good luck Quix. I had all kinds of problems with my secondary status page (having a slot saying they needed a transcript, being incomplete even though there was a date next to everything after they deleted the transcript box, et cetera), but they eventually got fixed after emailing twice and calling once (The particular person I spoke with on the phone wasn't helpful at all, so it may just depend on who you get).

Love your avatar. :thumbup:

:D I just got accepted to Drexel today (11/2). I joined SDN finally to share my excitement.

:D I just got accepted to Drexel today (11/2). I joined SDN finally to share my excitement.
CONGRATS!
When did you interview and how did you hear the good news?

Congrats! I hope the rest of us hear soon.... When did you interview and how did they let you know?

I interviewed on 9/26 and found out via snail mail

my co-worker was just accepted to Drexel yesterday....she interviewed in early Oct (or maybe late Sept)