Quantcast

When does interview season end this year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoktorO

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I took a look at my list of schools and I noticed that around half of them have not yet gotten back to me with a rejection or interview invite. I was wondering how much longer the interview season will last and if I should keep up my hopes for half the schools I applied to.

CyberMaxx

Doing math in pen
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is highly school specific and you should look at this year's and last year's School-Specific threads to get a better idea. My personal opinion is that the majority of schools are done or just about done offering interviews. Out of the ten or so schools that I have not heard from only two are known to offer invites well into February.

That said, it also seems like schools are running a little behind this year. A good example is Northwestern which, according to last years thread, did their mass rejection in mid-January. We are now in the first week of February and invites are still going out. Hope is the last thing that dies in man... o_O

Reactions: 1 users

BillrothI

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took a look at my list of schools and I noticed that around half of them have not yet gotten back to me with a rejection or interview invite. I was wondering how much longer the interview season will last and if I should keep up my hopes for half the schools I applied to.

Your best bet is to look through the 2012-2013 school-specific threads. IIs might go out a little bit later this year on account of the AMCAS delay, but you should be able to get a rough estimate of what to expect in terms of remaining IIs.

-Bill