When does interview season end this year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoktorO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took a look at my list of schools and I noticed that around half of them have not yet gotten back to me with a rejection or interview invite. I was wondering how much longer the interview season will last and if I should keep up my hopes for half the schools I applied to.

Members don't see this ad.

This is highly school specific and you should look at this year's and last year's School-Specific threads to get a better idea. My personal opinion is that the majority of schools are done or just about done offering interviews. Out of the ten or so schools that I have not heard from only two are known to offer invites well into February.

That said, it also seems like schools are running a little behind this year. A good example is Northwestern which, according to last years thread, did their mass rejection in mid-January. We are now in the first week of February and invites are still going out. Hope is the last thing that dies in man... o_O

Reactions: 1 users
I took a look at my list of schools and I noticed that around half of them have not yet gotten back to me with a rejection or interview invite. I was wondering how much longer the interview season will last and if I should keep up my hopes for half the schools I applied to.

Your best bet is to look through the 2012-2013 school-specific threads. IIs might go out a little bit later this year on account of the AMCAS delay, but you should be able to get a rough estimate of what to expect in terms of remaining IIs.

-Bill