when does it become late to interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PeripateticMD

Peripatetic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I live abroad, and couldn't fit all my interviews for the time i'm coming back in nov/dec. I had to schedule one for mid-january. I asked, and the school (BU) said it will make no difference. However, I'm just wondering, for rolling-admissions schools, when does it become late to interview, ie when do your chances start going down of actually getting an acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

So, I live abroad, and couldn't fit all my interviews for the time i'm coming back in nov/dec. I had to schedule one for mid-january. I asked, and the school (BU) said it will make no difference. However, I'm just wondering, for rolling-admissions schools, when does it become late to interview, ie when do your chances start going down of actually getting an acceptance?

Places will keep interviewing into the spring. However obviously in a rolling process the later you go in the season, the fewer spots there will be left.

Places will keep interviewing into the spring. However obviously in a rolling process the later you go in the season, the fewer spots there will be left.

how do you balance your time between medschool and sdn?

Members don't see this ad :)
L2D is in med school? i thought for sure he had already graduated and was doing SDN full time..

Bab, you should appreciate the people like Law2Doc who spent a lot of time to help us. Quit to be unappreciative!!!

Mid to late april.