When does it become "late" to take COMLEX II?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StudentDoctorM

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm signed up for the PE on July 19th and the CE on July 27th. Took a few weeks off to study for both, but in case I am not ready for the CE and have to postpone... do you guys have any idea when it becomes a little late for the exam? late as in for residency application purposes. I did poorly on COMLEX I.. and wanted to get COMLEX II out of the way. But if I am not ready, I will not be taking it. I plan to be ready by the end of July.. but this is just planning ahead.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Level 2 is way easier than level 1. You shouldn't have a problem with it. Taking it in July is still considered early. Since you didn't do well on level 1 you would be at an advantage for places receiving your interview applications to have your level 2 score to see the improvements you made. But if you don't feel ready definitely push it back. Best of luck on your exam!

push your PE back so you can focus on your CE. It's disrupting your study period. You can take your PE anytime before your school's deadline. No one cares about it as long as you pass.