Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

When does our own school find out?

Discussion in 'ERAS, SOAP, and NRMP Match' started by Bitsy3221, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Bitsy3221

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Does anyone know when our own Student Affairs (or whatever office handles this stuff) finds out where we matched? Someone said that they find out today, but I have also heard they find out Match Day just like us, just an hour earlier.

Thanks for the insight!

2. Villin

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    something tells me they found out today. besides programs and applicants violating match rules, student affairs office may also violate the rules. now, why would the student affairs office be included in match violations if they didn't already know where we matched?!

3. Auscultate

2+ Year Member

Actually they (along with the programs) find out where you matched on Wednesday. That's how they are able to make a compilation of the school's rank list to distribute on Thursday...

4. Villin

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    well, that's funny. i just got off the phone with a classmate and provided info to the contrary. your last sentence is also true if the admin found out monday.

5. GATC

GATC Member
    7+ Year Member

Alright guys....aside from the conspiracy theories. I believe that the official answer is Wednesday at 8 AM.

6. anamarylee

anamarylee A la grande le puse Cuca
    15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Regarding the OPs question: Student affairs found out yesterday who matched/didn't match. They don't know where those who matched did.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. chafemeister

2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    it is my understanding that while our schools find out about everyone on wednesday, they can get an individual's report if that individual couple-matched with someone who did not match. (you can do that with couples- have a list matched together and then a lower matched apart list)