When does UPenn start giving interviews???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

princessd3

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I notice no one here has an interview from UPenn. What's up with that. Anyone who applied before know when they start giving out interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

princessd3 said:
I notice no one here has an interview from UPenn. What's up with that. Anyone who applied before know when they start giving out interviews?

I think it starts on October 7th (Weds), but don't be too concerned about being one of the first to interview. They're not on rolling admissions, so it doesn't matter if you interview first or last. Good luck! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
hahah...I'm going to get an interview from Penn...in my dreams! I'm not holding my breath :p

(although at this point they may be my first choice...but I ought to be realistic!)

Does anyone know how many interviews you go through at Penn? Also, are the interviews blind?

Their interview day has all the school info in the beginning of the day, and the two interviews in the afternoon. They seem to only be scheduling on Wednesdays and Fridays.

TheMightyAngus said:
Does anyone know how many interviews you go through at Penn? Also, are the interviews blind?

According to USNews, they had 4,244 applicants, interviewed 755 of them, and accepted 242 of them. So about a 1/3 acceptance rate of those interviewed, not exactly the best. :thumbdown:

Their interviews are open-file also, not blind. I don't know of many schools that conduct blind interviews... so far, the only one I have encountered is the student interview at JHU.

Hope this helps :)

EnergyShotz said:
According to USNews, they had 4,244 applicants, interviewed 755 of them, and accepted 242 of them. So about a 1/3 acceptance rate of those interviewed, not exactly the best. :thumbdown:

Thanks, this is helpful! Do you know of other top medical schools that have better interview:acceptance ratios?

i hate to tell you this but besides northwestern and michigan- (if you interview early), penn has a pretty good acceptance rate i thought compared to what else i saw out there since they interview fewer then other schools.

two interviews- both 30 minutes (hypothetically count the same)- both have file, one is student run (usually second years in the fall, then firsts later) and then a 30 min with a member of the faculty.

they seem to give some preference towards pennsylvania residents in acceptance, and in general, most people who get interviewed have a fair shot at getting accepted ie if you don't have a stellar mcat you can still get in.

The md-phd interviews are COMPLETELY separate.

michigan has a better acceptance rate? When I was there are saw 40 other interviewers with me, it was really intimidating!

are the penn interviews laid back or kinda intense like ethical and healthcare questions?