When does your school end 2nd year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MJB

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering when everyone out there is finishing up classes.

We "finish" our last system next week, but then go into testing and some Kaplan review.

Members don't see this ad.

NYCOM finished up on May 4th. Kaplan started up yesterday on the 6th. We have to take the COMLEX by June 26th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys have to pay for the Kaplan course separately or does the school provide them for you as part of your tuition?

UNE has classes until the end of May and you are required to take COMLEX before the end of June. No prep course included in our tuition or schedule.

UNE has classes until the end of May and you are required to take COMLEX before the end of June. No prep course included in our tuition or schedule.

that stinks, so you guys only have 4 weeks to study for boards?

Last edited:
CCOM has classes until May 8th. Finals this all this week and a comprehensive pharm exam next monday, and we have until June 26th to take COMLEX. We start rotation on June 8th though, so most people Ive talked to are getting their boards done before that.

Pretty much. Some folks started skipping classes in the spring to study for boards at the expense of their class grades. Some got totally hosed on their board dates -- one poor student the only date available for boards near her was the first week in June. She was cramming BIG TIME.

Wouldn't be so bad if UNE would provide a prep course, but they don't. A few lectures by faculty, but no formalized prep course and a major time crunch to boot.

CCOM has classes until May 8th. Finals this all this week and a comprehensive pharm exam next monday, and we have until June 26th to take COMLEX. We start rotation on June 8th though, so most people Ive talked to are getting their boards done before that.

Thats the one thing that really concerns about CCOM, not getting enough time to prep for the boards. Do you guys have some type of Kaplan review or anything? How does it work?

Thats the one thing that really concerns about CCOM, not getting enough time to prep for the boards. Do you guys have some type of Kaplan review or anything? How does it work?

No kaplan review. There is a 'review session' done by teachers. from tues - fri. I'm not going tho. I'm gonna study on my own. Yeah ccom really really blows about this board thing. Finish finals may 18, rotations june 8, and we are REQUIRED to take comlex by june 20 latest. :mad:

vcom doesn't get out until end of June it sucks! I'm not taking boards until Aug 12, rotations for us starts sept 8. We have $400 or so towards a board prep course if you want to use it. Each class gets out earlier and earlier for board prep each year so hopefully others will have more time. This year the board prep courses we have are falcon live, northwester, boards boot camp and I think theres one more but I cant remember.