When exactly can med schools see other admissions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sluggie

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I searched past threads and some people say after acceptance and others say May 15. Does anyone know definitively?

Thank you very much!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's March 15th. Michigan admissions told us that during our interview day.

Why does it even matter? Will learning this date somehow change your strategy, or what?

I have repeatedly seen March 15, FWIW...

Why does it even matter? Will learning this date somehow change your strategy, or what?

I have repeatedly seen March 15, FWIW...

anyone know if this also applies to Texas schools who use TMDSAS rather than AMCAS?

that would be very exciting... it seems almost that once its march 15th there are two battles. ppl getting off the wait list... and schools snaring their student of choice!

question-- is there a final date by which school have to make all offers of admission? (by "all" i mean the number of seats in their class, since obviously they can accept people off the waitlist as others withdraw as late as they want)

that would be very exciting... it seems almost that once its march 15th there are two battles. ppl getting off the wait list... and schools snaring their student of choice!

I think - not sure - but schools only learn where you have gotten in if you have accepted an offer from them. I doubt if your waitlists show up, for instance, and I doubt if waitlist schools get privy to your acceptances...

Make sense? I have never gotten the sense that all schools know where all applicants have been accepted or anything close to that.

question-- is there a final date by which school have to make all offers of admission? (by "all" i mean the number of seats in their class, since obviously they can accept people off the waitlist as others withdraw as late as they want)

There is a date, and it may be March 15, by which schools have to offer at least a number of acceptances equal to the number of seats in the class.