When is first wave of acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sylvester500

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it true that the earliest decision date is October 15? If this is the case, what is the big deal about getting an II in August vs. September vs. early October? As long as you're interviewed by mid-October, you should be eligible to be in the first round of acceptances no matter when you interview, as long as it's before mid-October.

Food for thought.

Members don't see this ad.

You are correct that the first wave is around October 15, but keep in mind that just because you interviewed October 14th does not guarantee a decision by October 15th. Different school committees meet more or less frequently post-interview than others. The earliest interviewees tend to hear back first.

I interviewed in early september at one school and didnt hear back until January. I also interviewed at another and got in two weeks later.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You are correct that the first wave is around October 15, but keep in mind that just because you interviewed October 14th does not guarantee a decision by October 15th. Different school committees meet more or less frequently post-interview than others. The earliest interviewees tend to hear back first.

I interviewed in early september at one school and didnt hear back until January. I also interviewed at another and got in two weeks later.
Makes sense. Thanks.

Rule 1: Take a Breath

Just because Oct 15th is the first day that a school can announce acceptance, does not mean there will be a wave, Indeed, historically few acceptances are released until later in the fall with most not coming until after the new year. Forsome of you, this cycle may last until August of 2021 when the last waitlist alternates are granted admission
Understood. Thank you very much for your input.